Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl >

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Notices

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

well bummed out . ford starting to reviel engine oil issues , cause premature engine failure . , now saying only 1 percent . I call bullchit . frikken trannyies are also prone to leak also .. scurring to manufacture parts for that problem . many think deliveries are halted on the 17s ... yea ford . my 16 denali sure looked nice dammit ..
Old 01-09-2017, 09:25 AM
ben
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Interesting I hadn't heard about these issues yet...
Old 01-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I read about that. Looks like its an oil pump issue on a certain production date range of trucks. Don't know anything about the trans. leak. First year of any make or model of virtually anything mass produced or machined, is always prone to a bit of consumer testing. Unfortunate but its always been that way.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

[QUOTE=ROB FREEMAN;4517232]well bummed out . ford starting to reviel engine oil issues , cause premature engine failure . , now saying only 1 percent . I call bullchit . frikken trannyies are also prone to leak also .. scurring to manufacture parts for that problem . many think deliveries are halted on the 17s ... yea ford . my 16 denali sure looked nice dammit ..[/QUOTE

Rob,
That sucks, hopefully your AWESOME truck is not one of them. On a related note, we were thinking about selling the wife's 2009 Gen. 4 Viper, so I started researching the new Gen 5's, and found that FCA is having a engine block filings contamination problem, so we cooled our jets, and are just hanging on to her Gen 4 for the foreseeable future...
Old 01-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I can't believe that Ford is still in the light duty pickup business after the 6.0 and 6.4 fiasco and now all of the 6.7's sitting on the side of the road with exhaust sensor problems. It would in my opinion take a HUGE leap of faith to buy one of their diesels
Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,320 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I can't believe that Ford is still in the light duty pickup business after the 6.0 and 6.4 fiasco and now all of the 6.7's sitting on the side of the road with exhaust sensor problems. It would in my opinion take a HUGE leap of faith to buy one of their diesels
You know what is funny we have 8 of the 6.7's in our test team trucks and haven't had one issue with those problems.

I also know 3 people that own the 6.7 truck and haven't.

Maybe the are lucky.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

That is the best report that I have heard about them. Seems like a lot of people are not having as good of luck as you. May I ask what brand of DEF you are using? I believe that a lot of the exhaust related problems from all of the mfg's may be related to that blue def that is being sold everywhere.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You know what is funny we have 8 of the 6.7's in our test team trucks and haven't had one issue with those problems.

I also know 3 people that own the 6.7 truck and haven't.

Maybe the are lucky.
Same with me, no issue with 2012 6.7 F350. I use DEF out of the pump at Pilot truck stop by our house. What is the issue or post a link?
Old 01-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I am babysitting a buddy's 2013 F-350 for the winter; thanks to him letting me use it to tow my boat home this fall when my truck had an issue.

It's got 33K miles on it or so.

A couple months ago, I noticed it was leaking oil. I found the oil pan bolts loose & wet so I tightened them up myself. But I didn't take it out for a few weeks to heat/thin the oil and check the fix.

When I finally did, it still had a small oil puddle under it after parked overnight.
So I took it to Ford.
-No oil leak found, but it was leaking COOLANT. They replaced the water pump, and totally left the front end of the truck a greasy mess.

I drove it for a couple days, and then parked it.
Came back, and OIL under it, again.

I took it back in the shop, and they said it's leaking transmission fluid (which makes a bit of sense because I took pictures to show them it was wet with oil under the bell housing). However, what I was seeing on the floor of my shop was brown/clear; not like transmission fluid.

They replaced the torque converter claiming that was the leak. I haven't checked under it since I brought it home last week.
BUT, the last time they had it, they chipped the paint on the door. I swear, you just can't win.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I did have a leak like Sydwayz and I swore it was Oil from the lower seals or pan. Took it to dealer under warranty and it turned out it was the lines for the turbo. Was told they "All" will leak by the dealer and to expect every 100k to replace them. Nice stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.