Notices

The trailer thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 4,270 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default The trailer thread

I wouldn`t think the manufacturers would mind the info on here as it is public information.

Some results of Trailer shopping for a 38 Fountain EC

Good price but a screwed together trailer is ultimately not something I wanted.:

Link to old web page http://www.mcclaintrailers.com/products.html

Upgraded based on our conversation to an aluminum trailer model ATTRI-3818. This trailer comes with triple UFP torsion axles that have UFP’s Vault, no maintenance for 5 years, sealed lubrication system, surge disc brakes on two axles. LED lights and PVC guides are standard. This trailer has a GW on 18K and carrying capacity of 15.5K The base price is $8580.
Add the following for upgrades:
$600 to upgrade to a trailer with 21K GW (if you prefer)
$850 Electric over hydraulic
$450 Spare & mount w/o hub
$650 colored I-beam (black) if available from supplier
$1155 7 @ $165 ea aluminum wheels
$650 I would have to have boat to weld the bunks (not recommended)
$100 Slicks Center board only
$400 Classic package includes large classier steps and teardrop fenders

Best load capacity, with EOH brakes , Electric jack , some bling, spare tire etc , closer to $18k and I did not like the look of the C channel or adjustable bunks

Thank you for our inquiry of a Loadmaster Trailer for your 2002 Fountain 38 EC. We have quite a bit of experience with that boat and the trailer model that we have used with great success is our model 380R817.5SHR, which will be explained below.

All of our trailers are made to order which means that every aspect of the trailer is custom for you and your boat. The axle placement is set properly to ensure good tongue weight, the bunks are set to support the boat and make loading and unloading effortless, and even the winch stand is designed for the boat. Our frames are constructed out a C-channel steel instead of aluminum or tubing steel that makes our frames stronger than aluminum and longer lasting than tubing steel because we can paint the inside of the frames so they don’t rust from the inside out.

Instead of the more common surge or hydraulic brakes Loadmaster uses electric drum brakes which are 50 state and Canadian legal unlike the surge. All our lights and electrical connections are sealed and submersible so when you back down into the water the brakes will work and not short out. We use all PPG products in our paint process and we start off with self-etching epoxy primer, then a coat of paint, followed by a coat of paint mixed with clear coat to give the showroom shine everyone likes.

Your trailer model 380R817.5SHR
Trailer constructed out of an 8“ channel steel with bridgework
Axles: three 8,000 lbs. drop center, sealed and submersible torsion with EZ Lube bearing system
17.5“ load range H tires rated at 4,805 lbs. per tire
GVWR of 25,200 lbs. (this is max combined boat and trailer weight)
Max Carry Capacity 21,825 lbs. (this is how much weight you can put on the trailer)
Price not including tax or delivery $14,500.00

Our current lead time is 3 weeks from the date of deposit and upon receiving this email if you have any further questions or would like any further information please let me know and I will be happy to help you out.

Great service and follow up, good pricing, willing to do some custom lights etc, liked the lighter weight aluminum option... my second choice.

Hi , hope things are going well and thanks for the interest in a Manning Marine trailer. A steel trailer to fit a 38 Fountain express cruiser would include the following:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all welded 8" x 3" steel tube frame
3-7,000 galvanized torsion axles
electric/hydraulic disk brakes on all 3 axles
Kodiak disk brakes
16" 8 lug aluminum wheels
235/85/R16 E range 10 ply tires
fit to boat
LED lights-4 amber and 1 red clearance light per side- all clear lens
stainless steel hardware
v block bow stop
7,000 lb jack
Fulton 3,200 lb F2 winch
fender steps
sandblasted
painted solid color of choice(a few colors may have small upcharge)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$12,400 fender enclosures- $200 Matching mounted spare- $290

Same specs as above but all welded aluminum trailer(galvanized torsion axles and plated rotors and calipers
add $1,300)

upgrade to 235/85/R16 F range 12 ply or G range 14 ply tires- $40 a wheel(8 lug wheels, tire would be
based on rim style)

upgrade to 10" steel tube frame- add $500

(cheaper wheel and brake options are also available)

Some other options- diamond plate toolbox- $375
drive guard- $650
dacromet plated rotors and stainless calipers- $600
stainless brake lines- $300
reverse lights- $200
under hull lights-$450(choice of red,amber,white,blue, or green)
electric jack- $575
Goodyear tire- Unisteel tires- $190 a wheel
air tight hubs- $600
spare hub assembly mounted with spare tire- $250
Custom stickers for side of trailer- quoted based on length,color, design,ect
front ladder- $450
gooseneck/fifthwheel- $2,500(steel trailer)

Eagle per conversation $18k

Evolution: After a nice conversation , never received a quote.

Myco: Didn`t bother due to pricing

Ultimately it came down to having the trailer measured and made for the boat, consensus with the above familiar with the Fountains was that Reggie kept changing the bottoms and no 2 boats fit on a trailer the same.I do not want adjustable bunks or fitment issues.
Haul Rite is right in ROTO they will come out and fit the trailer to boat and Ed Champion (eddie) from Big Thunder marine can do all that without me coming down.
He also had the best pricing easy to work with . They also use Vault axles.

DVT38TRIPLE-HD************************************$10,020.00
DISC BRAKES 3 AXLES
EOH
LED LIGHTS
EXTRA LED CLEARANCE LIGHTS
V-BLOCK
ALUMINUM WHEELS
16" RADIALS, 14-PLY
7000# AXLES
15,000# CAPACITY

The trailer will not have the grommet style brake lights, they are rectangle and you can add the clear back-up lights for an additional $125.00

I'll also have a few hours into pulling the boat and putting it on our trailer to be patterned.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Registered

I can go 8x2 frame with bridging:

or 10x2 no bridging..

I like the bridging .
Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I wouldn`t think the manufacturers would mind the info on here as it is public information.

Some results of Trailer shopping for a 38 Fountain EC

Good price but a screwed together trailer is ultimately not something I wanted.:

Best load capacity, with EOH brakes , Electric jack , some bling, spare tire etc , closer to $18k and I did not like the look of the C channel or adjustable bunks

Great service and follow up, good pricing, willing to do some custom lights etc, liked the lighter weight aluminum option... my second choice.

Eagle per conversation $18k

Evolution: After a nice conversation , never received a quote.

Myco: Didn`t bother due to pricing

Ultimately it came down to having the trailer measured and made for the boat, consensus with the above familiar with the Fountains was that Reggie kept changing the bottoms and no 2 boats fit on a trailer the same.I do not want adjustable bunks or fitment issues.
Haul Rite is right in ROTO they will come out and fit the trailer to boat and Ed Champion (eddie) from Big Thunder marine can do all that without me coming down.
He also had the best pricing easy to work with . They also use Vault axles.

Full width
Old 01-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In all those quotes, nowhere do I see "gold-plated trucker girl mud flaps". This disappoints me.

I like the unbridged, but I'm not the one writing the check. The bridges look like 4 more flat surfaces to wipe down.

What color are you getting?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Call Phoenix trailers and give them a shot. They're built in northern Mi. They built one for me a couple months ago, they even flew down to Miami to measure the boat. It fit perfectly and hauled great all the way from fl to Mi
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails The trailer thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
In all those quotes, nowhere do I see "gold-plated trucker girl mud flaps". This disappoints me.

I like the unbridged, but I'm not the one writing the check. The bridges look like 4 more flat surfaces to wipe down.

What color are you getting?

The bridge could come in handy for tying stuff down..

I`m not sure, what you think, RED or White?

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Call Phoenix trailers and give them a shot. They're built in northern Mi. They built one for me a couple months ago, they even flew down to Miami to measure the boat. It fit perfectly and hauled great all the way from fl to Mi

Nice trailer! How do you like the black color for getting dirty and cleaning?

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-10-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd go with the10x2 no bridging, all those welds on the 8x2 bridging is the first thing to start rusting and it is right in your face.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
The bridge could come in handy for tying stuff down..

I`m not sure, what you think, RED or White?
I'd never even considered the advantage of the bridging for tying stuff down. Putting movable quick-release buckles on the bridging- WINNING.

Having a red and white boat myself, the only two colors that interest me are RED and natural (aluminum).
Old 01-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Registered

The future Fountain scank (wife) says Silver to match the truck, seems dumb, but different.

I love Red, it`ll probably be RED
Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Registered

Tell her you value her opinion immensely, and as such, the wheels and safety chains will be silver. But the trailer frame will be RED.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.