Notices

electric jack stand

Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts
Default electric jack stand

Curious if there's any buzz (goods or bad) on electric jack stands?....I have an old Steel Myco trailer
with hand crank & hard rubber wheel (joke to think you can move or even sway the front of a trailer
with a 12k boat atop it) and cranking is a heart attack!!..........what modern options are there?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:27 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Had one on the race car trailer 500,000 years ago. Freakin awesome !
No wheel, had a thick metal pad/foot.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have a brand new one in the garage that I never got around to installing. The only thing is you will likely have to custom fabricate a "saddle" to install it into, and then bolt or attach that saddle to the trailer. The majority of the electric winches are designed to bolt into the center of an A-frame trailer tongue, not a pole-tongue like our boat trailers have.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I have a brand new one in the garage that I never got around to installing. The only thing is you will likely have to custom fabricate a "saddle" to install it into, and then bolt or attach that saddle to the trailer. The majority of the electric winches are designed to bolt into the center of an A-frame trailer tongue, not a pole-tongue like our boat trailers have.
We just fabricated a custom winch stand so fabricating a saddle should be a breeze............what model and weight capacity?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

This is the one I bought, several years back. It's still new in the box in my garage; not sure what I will put it on.
At the time, it was the beefiest I could find with the most travel, as sometimes we like to really stick the bow up the air for bilge drainage, rains, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-50018.../dp/B001V8RWBU
Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is also a company called Baker Manufacturing out of Michigan that actually builds theirs stateside. They look like a nice unit. I've been wanting to add one to my trailer for a long time.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:40 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
This is the one I bought, several years back. It's still new in the box in my garage; not sure what I will put it on.
At the time, it was the beefiest I could find with the most travel, as sometimes we like to really stick the bow up the air for bilge drainage, rains, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-50018.../dp/B001V8RWBU
I had that jack on my Eagle trailer for my 386 Sonic - worked great, but was a little slow. I saved the jack when I sold the boat.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for an electric jack. They rarely work properly, and have a special crank handle for a back up when they don't work. When someone steals your crank handle because their POS electric jack didn't work either, then you are screwed. I've had 2 different brands and they both suck.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one on my toy hauler and love it. I'd really like one on the boat trailer.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We have one on our Myco for the Nor-Tech. Never ordered it as an option on our other 3 Mycos, but I love it so much that I plan to add it on them myself. Also went with the battery operated bow winch, which is also awesome and makes launching and especially retrieving extremely easy. Myco charges $22 for the plate that bolts where the hand crank one bolts. Then just weld the sleeve of the electric jack to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.