Issues with my new Ram... :(

Old 06-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 465 Likes on 361 Posts

Contact Chrysler and see what they tell you
Old 06-17-2017, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned 4 Ram 1500 4x4s and absolutely love them, I have never had an issue with any of them but if it were mine I would have them replace it.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:54 PM
Registered

So I took a tape measure out and decided to do a little measuring.. While I did not find any major differences in the dimensions of the bed itself, I did find a difference in the distance between the rear tire and inner fender wall where the flares are attached. The distance on the drivers side was shorter than the passenger side at the rear of the tire. I also noticed, when measuring between the tires with the wheels pointing straight, a difference of a quarter inch. The driver's side was longer than the passenger side when measured at the same spot on each tire. The alignment did list the thrust angle at -0.13.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Default frame?

When I was much much much younger I worked at a Jag,MG dealer. Customers would complain about doors, trunks, hoods not fitting or sticking on new cars. We would not even attempt to adjust them. Send straight to the frame shop. When the frame was straight everything would fit AMAZING. Transport would chain or strap these down. The frames would tweak. I sure think that would be a ez thing to check and fix prior to re inventing everything else.. Good Luck
Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

I bought a new Ram 1500 Crew 2WD last year......owned it exactly 6 months and 1 day, 10K miles. It was not a great truck and I was thrilled to pay $4600 to get rid of it. Key wouldn't be recognized daily, 6-8 times a week the trans selector knob wouldn't engage in drive and the final straw was all the power windows quit working......luckily the windows were all in the up position at the time! Figured if truck has issues now, I'm not going to enjoy it more later (when it is out of warranty). I did have some passenger side tire wear but never addressed it since that was about the time I made the decision to dump it. I bought it new but I definitely thought the front fender had been repainted along with the bumper. Color was white but the shade was off and there were fish eyes in the paint!

I loved the way it rode though (coil springs in the rear)!

For what its worth, replacement truck (new GM) turned 20K miles yesterday and hasn't had a single issue in the 10 months I have had it. Bought it with 24 miles on it. 2 oil changes and one tire rotation have been the only things done to it.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 318 Posts

you would be surprised to know how many new vehicles are repaired before they are sold. some just have some dings and scratches but we repainted a truck that the owner bought new 10 years ago and had never had any work done to it. the paint was bad on the one bed side and after digging into it there was bondo from one end to the other from where it had torn up before he bought it. I have seen cars that fell off trailers and had new panels and repairs on half the car and were sold as new with out the knowledge of the buyer. it is possible that the truck was damaged in shipping so start looking at things real close.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:22 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

We had several of those at the dealers I worked for, we made the transport company and manufacturer deal with them. ie: wouldnot accept them. I watched the transport truck lower the top section on to a poor little Toyota Corrolla still on the lower level, Ouch ! Um, you better call your boss, we are not taking that one ! Obviousy e had paperwork on our end.

A few that got damaged in our hands where sold with disclosed info, still new, and at very discounted rate.

So, I guess there are some shady new car dealers according to person above.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in your area RollWithIt. I have a 2500 Silverado and i know that its very hard to find a good allignment shop. My buddy is a mechanic and has gone through 3 different shoos for alignment. Especially on heavy duty trucks. He is located in Blawnox and will make sure its right or tell you if some thing is off. Just because its innthe green part doesnt meen it is straight. Message me if you would like him to look at it.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Registered

Thanks for the responses guys. I did have the frame checked and it is straight. So that is one less thing to worry about. Still have to get back to the dealer where I purchased the truck from in regards to the bed not being square. The shop manager at the local dealer wrote up all the stuff they did for the truck so that I can just take that with me to the other dealer. Hopefully this makes the process go quicker.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 253 Likes on 109 Posts

Just curious why you bought over a hour from home and not support a local store?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.