Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Issues with my new Ram... :( (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/347715-issues-my-new-ram.html)

RollWithIt 06-17-2017 08:19 AM

Issues with my new Ram... :(

Not looking to do any bashing, at least at this point. lol But, since new my truck tended to pull to the right. Also, the tailgate never closed flush on the driver's side. I was able to finally make an appointment at a local dealership, not the one where the vehicle was purchased, about these issues. They did an alignment, which was off and I had some uneven wear on the front passenger tire. Keep in mind, I only have about 2600 miles on the truck at this point. The tailgate could not be fixed. They tried adjusting it and even tried a different gate from another truck. The conclusion was that the bed itself was not built properly from the factory. This requires photos to be taken and sent off to Chrysler. Then waiting to see what they are willing to do as a fix. The body shop guy at the dealer said that a new box is the fix. As for the alignment, picked up the truck yesterday. This morning was heading into work and was driving on a flat level road. Once I would take my hands off the steering wheel, I would watch it cant to the right and the truck would then begin drifting to the right...

Anybody else have these issues on a new truck? Im starting to think there might be a frame issue... At this point I am hoping that the dealer, which is over an hours drive away, where I purchased the truck can help. But I tend to be pessimistic about these things....

AllDodge 06-17-2017 08:36 AM

Most all roads are crowned in the center so rain runs to the sides, so there is always a lean to the right. Every car/truck will drift to the right edge if the wheel is let go. That said it will not be a fast drift. While following behind look at a long bed truck in front of you, it looks like the truck is crabbing on a road with a lot of lean like an interstate.

ben 06-17-2017 08:42 AM

Sounds like a frame issue to me also. Good luck!

RollWithIt 06-17-2017 10:02 AM

Familiar with the Crown in a road as a causing factor. The road i was on this morning is flat, no crown. And I know vehicles are designed to "drift" to the right for safety issues even if aligned in the green specs, which my truck is now. Some specs previously were in the red. I have the print out showing the before and after. But, to have the wheel go from being centered to canting to the right?? Nothing is ever easy, even with new...

AllDodge 06-17-2017 10:12 AM

Something is wrong with the truck and as Ben mentioned the frame may be bent

SB 06-17-2017 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ben (Post 4562492)
Sounds like a frame issue to me also. Good luck!

Like when the Rams total revamp came out in '93 or whenever it was. Boy was that a disaster !

RollWithIt 06-17-2017 10:30 AM

Im hoping that it is not a frame issue.. but the only way to check that is to put it on a machine and measure it.

jwurl 06-17-2017 10:43 AM

Any body shop with a computer measuring system can measure the truck frame and tell you. They are accurate within 1mm. If your dealer does not have a body shop, you can take it to a body shop and they should not charge you more than 2 hours labor. Make sure you use a shop that has a good frame measuring system like chief, shark, or car-o-liner . If you are anywhere near me in Greensboro,nc I will do it for free . Jeff wurl

RollWithIt 06-17-2017 10:49 AM

I'd love to use this as an excuse to go to NC, but it would be cheaper to pay someone local. Thanks. :) Definately something I want to rule out as a problem.

RollWithIt 06-17-2017 10:56 AM

The dealer I just had the truck at who did the alignment has a body shop. But are referring me back to the one where the vehicle was purchased for any further dealings with Chrysler. While its my understanding that any dealer can do the leg work and interactions with Chrysler, I don't think they want to bother since I did not buy the truck from them. So, instead of a 15 minute drive to the dealer, its over an hour...