Notices

ACE Trailers, Florida

Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ACE Trailers, Florida

My new trailer was just delivered from Ace Trailers in Gibsonton. It came in 5 days ahead of schedule (I was quoted 3 weeks), is of the best quality and fit my boat perfectly with no necessary adjustments. Terry took the time to contact Sutphen directly for the proper measurements, and delivered to my door (actually to work, but that's another story) for less than the cost of a trailer from either local trailer shop. Thanks, Ace!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my ACE, it is a good trailer for the money, the only issue I have is that I feel the tires are not up to the load rating of the trailer itself. They used 2 3,500 lb axles and wimpy tires.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
My new trailer was just delivered from Ace Trailers in Gibsonton.
That is cool (& strange), I was just there! I have a second home in Gibtown and are considering their trailer for my 34Venture.

I was working/ living in Guilford for 30 months, I met you in the tavern, how's the boating? Glenn
Old 06-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris288
I like my ACE, it is a good trailer for the money, the only issue I have is that I feel the tires are not up to the load rating of the trailer itself. They used 2 3,500 lb axles and wimpy tires.

16 in. is the biggest , right, what did you get?
By wimpy, what do you mean?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey glenn..
just saw a pic of one of your wins in an old Hot Boat mag...the day i called terry, he was taling to talon25 about sutphen trailers...small world 'eh?
still run the pantera?
c
Old 03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Ace Trailer The one I got from them a few years ago the trailer was ok but the quality of craftsmanship kinda sucked, they dropped the trailer of in chesapeake virginia, they had a tire blow out on some other trailer they used my spare, told me they would just ship me one, great, also I was missing the guide on polls!
also they would ship them, the after a few weeks and a few calls I did get a tire and rim shipped wrong type I had the star type rims this was a the round hole type, after few months
and calls, I got it swapped for the right type, but who ever shipped it put lugs in with tire and rim, the lug bouncing around scratch and ding the rim all over, was not able to get it
replace gave up a so many calls, and have never gotten the
Polls, and have talked to terry a few times.
also they drilled holes down the I beam for tie ties to hold the
wires looks like crap, also didn't secure the brake line where
passes the jack after using it a few time it got cut and brake fluid leak all over, I still have the trailer if you want to see pictures, or ask any questions
Danny lee
757-675-7005
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
hey glenn..
just saw a pic of one of your wins in an old Hot Boat ...small world 'eh? still run the pantera?
c
Never saw this! SOLD 28' Pantera "Dangerkitty", saw it a few years back in Clearwater, FL, breifly. Miss her.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Registered

Default Ace Trailer

Recently purchased a triple axle trailer and had it delivered to where I would pick up my boat. Trailer was built and delivered within a week! I had some brake issues when I first arrived. Terry was extremely helpful in resolving those issues. He texted and took phone calls late Saturday evening and on Sunday. That's customer service!!! Highly recommend Terry and his team at Ace Trailers.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Registered

They are made right up the road from where I live and I have been there a few times buying parts/wheels/and trying to buy parts. I just bought three new axles for my Myco and was going to use ACE but after 5 phone calls, a visit, and no reply, I just bought them online and shipped them. No doubt a shady backyard trailer builder but how complicated is it to mount a few aluminum I-beams? Anyways, a new Myco is $17K, a new ACE is $7K, and there is a good reason for it. The Myco's are made just south of where I am, and the people there is nothing short of awesome to deal with. My old Myco was built there in 1984 and looks like new and has been coast to coast and north to south.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Registered

Peterson Trailers in Gibsonton as well... fantastic!!! Jason and Tracy are the most honest people you will ever deal with!