Notices

UFP Calipers

Old 12-13-2017, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default UFP Calipers

Anyone have any problems with UFP calipers? I think at least one of mine is DOA. While setting up and testing the new EOH system today, I tried to bleed the system. After bleeding the actuator, I went to the RR and tried to bleed it. While trying to get the bleed screw open, I noticed a lot of play in the caliper. To be honest, I have never messed with disc brakes on a boat trailer until today. I had to assume that they were similar to a vehicle, so they shouldn't have any play in them. Took the caliper off and finally got the bleed screw open. The piston would move when I put pressure on it trying to get the bleeder open. Reinstalled it and tried to bleed it. The fluid very, very slowly.and the piston would not move and expand (actually, none of the wheels bled very well). Shouldn't it be moving a ton of fluid? I believe the piston is stuck. JMO. Also, I found there was a 5/16" bolt missing in the caliper causing it to have so much play.

Update***
Found the calipers local and decided not to fight the 18 yr old ones. Bought 4 new ones. Will install these, clean and repack all bearings and hubs. Should be good to finally hit the road in the spring.

Last edited by shunter2005; 12-14-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update info