Notices

DONE truck shopping...

Old 04-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
This is the only Silver Southfork I've seen; just found it yesterday after I ordered mine. I can't stop looking at it!
I did not order DRW, and this one has the optional "Filigree" etching into the leather which I did not want. But the pictures really show how unique and awesome the interior is. It blows away the other options on the market.

My 2nd gripe with Ford was you can't get the King Ranch or Limited in Silver. The 1st is the turning radius/diameter. Else I would have probably gone with the Ford.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F22 2728178701

I just got a new F-450 Limited and the turning radius is the best I’ve ever had in a big truck. I absolutely love this thing.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice truck and Congrats!! Now when you need a real truck to tow something I will let you use mine again.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Nice truck and Congrats!! Now when you need a real truck to tow something I will let you use mine again.
LMAO! I'll never forget that trip. Thanks again; and now you've opened yourself up; as I may join a few guys and go to COTA in Texas with the race cars this summer or next.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

LMAO! I'll never forget that trip. Thanks again; and now you've opened yourself up; as I may join a few guys and go to COTA in Texas with the race cars this summer or next.
That still was one of the best road trips ever. We need to do something like that again soon.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I can’t tell y’all how much I love this truck! The more weight you have behind it, the better the power delivery with the AISIN transmission. It tows REALLY well.

I had it tinted, pulled the BSM off of it, and also had it ceramic coated. The water literally jumps off the paint. I can’t wait for my lift to come in so the bigger wheels and tires can go on.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-30-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Looking sweet!! You're gonna love the Carli suspension upgrade. I just did a Thuren suspension on my 2006, and its night and day. Im debating doing the ceramic coating as well. I was told it lasts 5yrs, just wash it, no need to wax again. Being that mine is not a DD and stays in the garage, id imagine it would last longer tho. I got a quote for approx 1k to do it. Was told they wipe down entire truck with alcohol to strip any and all wax off and touch up any paint chips.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Now about that Toon
Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I had it tinted, pulled the BSM off of it
What is the BSM?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Now about that Toon
Truth be told, it's "the foster boat". It belongs to another OSO member and his wife who moved out of town for work, but still come back into town quite often. As such, it stays at our place, and we all enjoy the shyt out of that thing. Every time they come back into town, I've added more LEDs to it.

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What is the BSM?
Body Side Molding
(see post 34)
I actually paid extra for it (option), as I didn't know if I would like it or not. I thought it may break up the side of the truck and make it look less of a "work truck". But it was cheap material, put on with even cheaper foam tape, and it was not sealed on the ends. It had sand and grit already behind it, and some of the foam tape was already saturated and holding water against the body. I pulled off some of the badges as well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-01-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Congrats on the truck.... its not a Duramax.... but WTH.....

Us go fast guys ***** and moan about pontoons... then we go out on one and drink 17 beers.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.