Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
MYCO Trailer Brakes Paired To 2011 F250 >

MYCO Trailer Brakes Paired To 2011 F250

Notices

MYCO Trailer Brakes Paired To 2011 F250

Old 01-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MYCO Trailer Brakes Paired To 2011 F250

Hey guys I replaced my 2004 Chevy Dually with a 2011 Ford F-250 and have a question regarding the trailer brakes. The trailer has a electric over hydraulic setup with a Titan actuator. The truck has the electric or electric over hydraulic option on the display panel. When you select electric over hydraulic the trailer brakes are not working. What do I need to do to get them working properly? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

I added a titan pump to my trailer, the issue I had on my 05 is it wouldn't activate sitting still, but when Im pulling it above 20mph it works fine, my ECM needs to sense a load before it will apply 12 vdc to the trailer hitch pin, dont know if thats your issue or not.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
I added a titan pump to my trailer, the issue I had on my 05 is it wouldn't activate sitting still, but when Im pulling it above 20mph it works fine, my ECM needs to sense a load before it will apply 12 vdc to the trailer hitch pin, dont know if thats your issue or not.
Thanks for the tip! After you posted this I did more research and hooked the truck back up. I manually activated the brakes via the controller and they work. Sounds like the voltage to the pump etc is greatly reduced under 10 mph. Thanks again!
Old 01-29-2018, 09:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Mike, you may find that adding this to the trailer will help:
http://bit.ly/2Ft1f46
Read some of the stories on their website.

It emulates the trailer being a straight electric brake setup.
I had one for the trailer that I never installed, as I never needed to tow it with my buddy's 2014 Ford. But I had it just incase. I sent it to Lucky Strike Jr. after you bought my setup.

Let's see the new truck! What color?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-29-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
Hey Mike, you may find that adding this to the trailer will help:
http://bit.ly/2Ft1f46
Read some of the stories on their website.

It emulates the trailer being a straight electric brake setup.
I had one for the trailer that I never installed, as I never needed to tow it with my buddy's 2014 Ford. But I had it just incase. I sent it to Lucky Strike Jr. after you bought my setup.

Let's see the new truck! What color?
Not sure how to post pics but it is a white crew cab short bed. It is a Lariat and has the display on the gauge panel and allows you to change from electric to electric over hydraulic. Wonder if I would still need this since it has the ability to change? Thanks for the info!