Notices

Manning Trailers

Old 04-20-2018, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

I think all the name brand trailer mfr's probably build a quality trailer because they have to; with the 'net and social media it's literally "oops" at the speed of light today.

Manning has a hydraulic lift for our 43 almost done and I gave them a deposit today for a new trailer to replace a 43' Myco.

The reason I chose to spend my $$ with Manning? Last summer my Myco needed some TLC (it's got some age and has literally been all over the country) and not only were they great to deal with but when I asked "Should that really have done that?" he said "Yeah, stuff happens, I might have done a couple of things a little different but Myco builds a good trailer". I thought that was pretty classy....perfect opportunity to throw rocks at a competitor and instead said "they build a good trailer".

I had done my homework and thought I knew exactly what I wanted on my new trailer. I sat down with Roland (I believe he's the owner & Matt is his son) and after we went over my list he said "We can do that, but if it was mine this is how I'd build it" and then he walked me around their shop and showed my several trailers in various stages of construction and explained his thought process on everything he suggested to me.

Just my .02, but I think that's what you pay for; the experience and personal service. They don't have a fancy website, aren't slick suit & tie salespeople, and don't have a huge hi-tech shop but I don't care about any of that. If that stuff is important to you, you might not make the same decision I did. Competition and choices are a great thing for the consumer. I looked at several trailers, liked what I saw and heard, and left confident they could build us a nice trailer. The fact that they're only a few miles from me is a bonus. They're also just up the street from Perrin Brewery; I'm thinking I'll be using "gonna go check on my trailer" quite a bit in the near future and, since I've got to go right past Perrin to get there........

Call around. Ask questions. Spend your money where you feel the most comfortable.

Cheers

d

Almost forgot - if anyone is looking for a deal on a 32' v-bottom trailer, give them a shout, they just took one in on trade.

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Matt
Thank you , waiting to hear back from him now

mike
Old 04-21-2018, 07:36 AM
Registered
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VoodooRob, if you will notice about 3-4 posts above my post regarding laser scanning capability "fossil fuel" stated " I think this laser fit that others advertise may be the thing of the future" . So, am I not going to say something?? Not hardly. Broward Trailer is the only company doing it, it's the greatest innovation in trailer building ever and I do not want anyone to think that Manning, Myco, Evolution, etc. have that capability. We produce the best fitting trailers because of our laser scanning technology.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BrowardTrailer
VoodooRob, if you will notice about 3-4 posts above my post regarding laser scanning capability "fossil fuel" stated " I think this laser fit that others advertise may be the thing of the future" . So, am I not going to say something?? Not hardly. Broward Trailer is the only company doing it, it's the greatest innovation in trailer building ever and I do not want anyone to think that Manning, Myco, Evolution, etc. have that capability. We produce the best fitting trailers because of our laser scanning technology.
Its a great thing to participate in a forum and be proud of your business and accomplishments. As with anything constraint and tact should be taken into consideration when repping your company. You turned this thread into a Broward Trailer hey look at me thread. How many posts do you need to make on a MANNING TRAILER thread? A response is fine and welcomed but count them on this thread, you were not asked anything but decided to turn this into an ad for YOUR business. What would you think if Matt Manning came on a Broward Trailer thread and posted numerous times about his business? Not classy.

Last edited by VoodooRob; 04-22-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

My wife and I recently ordered a new boat to be built, a cabin cruiser this time. I sent RFQ's with very detailed info on how I wanted it priced/ options to price to Myco, Manning, Evolution, and Broward. Evolution declined, as they didn't want to get into a custom one off trailer (I needed to keep my overall height as low as possible). Myco and Broward were significantly more expensive than Manning, and I was leaning towards Manning. However, my past relationship with Myco (We have built 5 trailers/ 2 cradles with them) as well as getting a significant discount due to being return customers time after time led to my decision to go with another Myco. All are good brands, so you cant go wrong. Myco being in Florida vs Manning up in Michigan made it more convenient too, as we have a vacation home an hour from the Myco factory. I also believe you do get what you pay for and the fit and finish will be a bit better with Myco than Manning from what I have seen. I have not seen a Broward in person, but from pictures they appear to also have a level of fit and finish superior to Manning.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very happy with my Manning. Matt Manning is a good guy. Would pick up the phone whenever I needed to talk with him, Delivered my trailer right on time. Went with some upgrades such as 110 psi tires and 8 lug wheels. Talked to Broward. Nearly twice the price. Can't imagine that it's twice the trailer.

Last edited by 28cigarettess; 04-24-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 28cigarettess
Very happy with my Manning. Matt Manning is a good guy. Would pick up the phone whenever I needed to talk with him, Delivered my trailer right on time. Went with some upgrades such as 110 psi tires and 8 lug wheels. Talked to Broward. Nearly twice the price. Can't imagine that it's twice the trailer.
Geeze im still waiting for a call back from Mat " got it All good "

Last edited by mikebrls; 04-26-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:35 AM
Registered
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting...I really do not remember ever quoting a trailer for a boat this small. We usually tell people we are not even remotely competitive for boats under 30'
Old 04-25-2018, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Anecdotal review of an OLD Manning trailer for reference:

I have a 1999/2000 vintage Manning trailer under my 380 Powerquest. It is showing its age due to neglect from previous owner and needs to be blasted and painted along with new brakes. Now, I have yet to see a nearly 20 year old trailer that doesn't need some love. For its age and level of neglect, the trailer is actually in decent shape that considered. It is holding up FAR better than the 2002 Eagle I had under previous boat that was a total garage queen.

It is an extremely well built and probably the best balanced trailer I have ever towed. I used a 2015 lease 1500 silverado to pull it for short jaunts around the flatlands here. I don't think that undersized truck would have handled nearly as well if the trailer wasn't as well built and balanced.

Only issue I had was replacing bunks. Manning used countersunk torx socket head bolts into tapped holes in steel bunk pads. I ended up having to chip the damaged bunk into pieces then grind the bolts off, drill new holes, and lag bolt replacement bunk from underneath. That being said, there was no hint of looseness to the bolts or bunks that's for sure. Once again, lasted 18 years. Only had to replace 6 of the 14 bunks.

If I had the money, I would send the trailer to Manning to be restored in a heartbeat. I have had a few discussions with Matt through Facebook and he was always reasonably responsive. I consider it a very quality trailer.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 04-25-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:45 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shopped around for a trailer for my Top Gun back in 2014 - Myco was about 10k more than the price that Manning quoted me. Went with a painted steel trailer with some options. Dont use their tool box, its cheap. Was extremely happy with the trailer and they gave me a decent trade on my old trailer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.