Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
OSO welcomes Broward Trailer as a new Commercial Member >

OSO welcomes Broward Trailer as a new Commercial Member

Notices

OSO welcomes Broward Trailer as a new Commercial Member

Old 04-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Skammer,

I hear you, unfortunately I don't have any worth posting.

Your request has been noted.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SKammeraad
lets see a pic of the whole set up. truck trailer and boat together!

looks great from what i have seen so far

Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Registered

Working closely w/ both Broward Trailers and the folks at Gen Y I opted to go w/ a Channel Mount Torsion Assy that mounts to the front of my trailer vs the typical receiver style.
Because the torsion mechanism is rather long it was creating too much leverage on my rear axle (center of the ball was setback 15" from the square receiver opening)
Going this route has allowed me to utilize a more typical ball mount which is only 6" to the center of the ball, reducing the leverage by 9"
I still enjoy the benefits of the torsion mechanism it just happens to be attached to my trailer.
Keep in mind both the receiver style & the channel mount weigh between 90-100lbs. My back has thanked me in advance for not having to remove and install the torsion hitch repeatedly.

I realize that the option I selected no longer allows me to enjoy the torsion cushioned towing anything else but my boat but to be honest my boat is the only thing I tow so no real loss there.

Headed to JAX PR today so we'll see how the package performs.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered

Default Channel Mount Torsion Hitch

Having made the 800mi R/T trip tow to JAX and back I'd say the relocating of the GenY Torsion hitch from the receiver to the front of my trailer has been a success helping me accomplish what I set out to.
Now I'm enjoying the same improved ride quality as before w/o having to constantly remove and install a 100# ball mount every use.
The reduction in the lever arm has also helped w/ the trucks towing attitude.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

I'm sure it's not, but that hitch looks so dainty relative to everything else!!

I bought this hitch and love it. Works perfect to set my 2-5/16 ball at one height for the cig and then just flip it over for my 2 inch needs like jet ski and dirt bike trailer....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F121845648147

Old 05-28-2019, 09:09 PM
Registered

Very familiar w/ the Curt Adjustable ball mount. Good quality & quite popular.
I was seeking an energy absorbing setup so it was between the Shocker Hitch and the Gen Y.
The Gen Y ended up being the most suitable for my overall application between the truck & trailer.

As for the coupler it's actually a cast piece rated for 21k w/ 4 seperate bolts affixing it to the channel mount.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

was not aware you could mount that hitch on the front of the trailer. i'm going to have to talk to my BIL who has that for his truck and boat as well.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:10 AM
Registered

Skammer- I think it will depend on how the trailer was constructed, more specifically how the tongue is fabricated & coupler is attached.
If you are ordering a NEW trailer then you may have more opportunity to have the trailer built in a way that it will accept a torsion type channel mount.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

This appears to be a band aid. Every ball hitch new truck I have had in the last 20 years has a small amount of hitch flex. To make a trailer behave you want the connection to be as rigid as possible. The trailer is not usually the issue. Jump up on your hitch with the boat and trailer hooked up. If you see even the slightest movement it will cycle to your seat! I have pulled all my hitches and added stiffeners to the square tube to prevent flexing. It makes a world of difference. Make sure your receiver and adapter is also snug. I have welded buttons on the adapters to tighten the fit. Any slop anywhere makes a miserable ride.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been in contact with them? I put a deposit on a trailer and haven’t gotten a response from him in two weeks. Word is gates are closed and he filed bankruptcy. Can anyone fill me in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.