Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone traveling from MI to northern CA that can transport bravo one drive >

Anyone traveling from MI to northern CA that can transport bravo one drive

Notices

Anyone traveling from MI to northern CA that can transport bravo one drive

Old 09-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone traveling from MI to northern CA that can transport bravo one drive

I have a drive donated to me but it is in MI. I am on perm disability so i cant afford to drive to get it or ship it..been trying for a month and its hard to do on super limited income and a 4.5yr old son..he loves being on boat and fishing..

hoping to find someone headed this way. I am near the SF area , well about 1hr east of SF or nearby.

probably not but i can hope for a miracle...
Old 09-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many camping trailers are made in IN near the MI border. There is an industry of pickup truck owners who pull the trailers from there to dealers. Some diesel truck web sites have sections for these guys. A bit of research may get you in touch with some personally. Many of these guys contract through Horizon. Depending upon how drive is packaged, one heading for the N.CA may fit it in their pickup bed.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Not to sound like a dick, but this thread sounds fishy. (No Pun intended) If you can't afford to ship a drive, how are you going to afford to use it once it is on the boat? Hell parking in the SF area costs more than it would be to ship it with a common carrier...
Old 09-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Not to sound like a dick, but this thread sounds fishy. (No Pun intended) If you can't afford to ship a drive, how are you going to afford to use it once it is on the boat? Hell parking in the SF area costs more than it would be to ship it with a common carrier...
well first off i dont pay for parking boat is in my yard and an hour east of sf hence i said near(no pun intended but maybe you did not comprehend my post correctly) . Then you worry how i can use it? Let me think. Humm bolt it on and use it...since what i have cant be repaired..

you have no clue what my situation is or what happened or why it was donated. Yet come out like it is fishy.

why bother answering my post at all , really?

lol
Old 09-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chart
Many camping trailers are made in IN near the MI border. There is an industry of pickup truck owners who pull the trailers from there to dealers. Some diesel truck web sites have sections for these guys. A bit of research may get you in touch with some personally. Many of these guys contract through Horizon. Depending upon how drive is packaged, one heading for the N.CA may fit it in their pickup bed.
thanks. I did find one site but when i posted looking for anyone coming my way they thought i was soliciting for best price or to get others to do it outside thier company when i have no money..lol
Old 09-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

OSO is not Go Fund Me. You joined a month ago and nobody knows you.

You told your story and got someone to "donate" a drive to you because you used your 4 year old to tug on their heartstrings..
Wanted bravo 1 upper (donation needed)

So yes, your story is fishy. If you can't afford $100-200 to ship a free outdrive then how are you able to afford fuel for a boat??
Its pretty easy to take a kid fishing without a boat. My kids have fished all their lives and not once from our boat.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
OSO is not Go Fund Me. You joined a month ago and nobody knows you.

You told your story and got someone to "donate" a drive to you because you used your 4 year old to tug on their heartstrings..
Wanted bravo 1 upper (donation needed)

So yes, your story is fishy. If you can't afford $100-200 to ship a free outdrive then how are you able to afford fuel for a boat??
Its pretty easy to take a kid fishing without a boat. My kids have fished all their lives and not once from our boat.

First off it is not 200 to ship here. I get to take it out 2 times a month maybe. I get free launch and use $20 in fuel , when friends go they lay for gas, I dont get the luxury to drive it all over the place and never wot. We head to a spot nearby anchor and fish, got to a dock late for night and back out to anchor.

i could care less where you took your kids man i have no good shoreline access with driving and thats same gas as boat..as litte as i use.

does not matter i dont care what you think man nor do i have to explain myself to you. I could care less what you believe or think.

then you try this gofund me line...lol i did not ask anyone for any money so shut up dude. I posted something i wanted in the wanted section...lol
Sound like a leftist libtard move..lol what a joke man get over yourself

Last edited by rplaga; 09-20-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:00 AM
Registered

Boom Proves my engine issues i had abd current claim..
Old 09-21-2018, 12:07 AM
Registered

In case you dont believe i needed a drive...actually only an upoer buy an old drive was offered to me. Can get tow docs for when it froze too. Bet it all looks fishy still huh...lol
Old 09-21-2018, 12:55 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I never believed your outdrive wasn't broke. It is not a NEED though, it is a WANT, just like a boat.
If you needed food, clothing or shelter, and were looking for help, that's one thing. But you joined OSO a month ago looking for free outdrive

Maybe I'm a heartless SOB, but not in a million years would I ask a bunch of strangers for a donation for a WANT.
Heck, I wouldn't ask my closest friends or family. I'd figure out a way to handle it or I'd go without my WANT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.