Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires? >

Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires?

Notices

Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires?

Old 02-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires?

Anyone have these on your trailer?
Being told they haven't been out long...
Time for 6 new E rated rubbers & Have Goodyear Marathons D rated now, but always thought I had little too much bounce or flex with them, so going E rated this time!
Old 02-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

You're one of the very few that haven't had issues with GY marathons, I like 10 ply MAXXIS for trailers a lot of guys will run LT tires
Old 02-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed 10ply is the way to go. The LT tires might look cool but can't handle the heat along with twisting and pivoting in tight areas . Always see them ripping at the top tread beltline.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I just bought 5 new Goodyear Endurance tires for my trailer in the ST225/75R15 size. They're not even mounted yet, but are E rated. The trailer had Marathons on it that looked fine, but some of them had build dates that were 4 years old, so I sold 'em. The Endurance is now made is the good ol' U.S. of A. Because of that, I decided I'll give them a try.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I belong to a couple of active Toy Hauler groups on FB, and the new Goodyear Endurance tires have been receiving good reviews. However, I don't see them as a future purchase for me. I just don't like or trust Goodyear tires based on previous personal experiences.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Original trailer tires were Gdyr Marathons, one untimely blowout, mangled trailer fender and scratched hullside later I upgraded to Goodyear G614 LT235 85-16 14ply tires.
Only trailer tires I put on trailers I own.
https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx
Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been running the Goodyear Endurance E rated for the last two seasons with good results. I was reluctant too, as I had couple Marathons start to separate they were only 3 years old stored inside on a concrete floor too.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

The question of Goodyear tires just came up on THT... So I will give you advice based on 300+,000 miles of towing boats weighing in excess of 10K without a tire failure in the past two years on my own trailer and the experience of tire, wheel, hub and brake failures hauling other "Experts" ratings of trailer in "Great Condition."

First off... I tried the "New" Goodyear Endurance tires and they are JUNK! On a Cross Country trip from South Carolina to Seattle, Wa I mounted six new 225/75R15 tires on my triple axle trailer. I immediately noticed they come new with less tread depth of the Carlisle Radial HD tires. The Goodyear tires also do not have a center-rib tread design which lends to a lower rolling resistance and better directional stability at higher speeds or bad weather. The Goodyear tires netted a 1.5-2.2 mpg WORSE fuel economy with a 2013 Boston Whaler 285 loaded up... a type of boat I haul often and know exactly what my MPGs should be. When traveling such long distances... MPGs Matter! Another factor was high speed cross-winds... the Goodyear tires allow the trailer to move about way too much. Here is the real truth on the Goodyear tires... if you have a blowout with the Goodyear tire due to a tire defect, Goodyear will only replace the tire IF you can convince the store employee it failed due to it being junk from the start, he will only give you a credit for a new tire. If you have a Carlisle Tire that explodes, due to a construction failure and it is within 5 years of the MFG's DOT Date Code, they will not only replace the tire but pay for ANY DAMAGES arising from the tire failure!!

Do you know the DOT Date code of your tires? You will see a Molding-In oval with four numbers... typically something like a "3516" which means your tire was produced in the 35th week of 2016. This is very important... as it is the loophole your Insurance company can use to deny any claims for coverage should you have a wreck or blowout with tires that are older than Five Years Old.

If you want to see the carnage of "other people's trailers..." visit my Facebook Page and check out the albums where I post the Good, Bad and UGLY repairs I am sometimes forced to reveal to new boat buyers when their Seller's Surveyor gives the trailer a great rating without knowing anything about trailers!https://www.facebook.com/pg/AldenTransport/photos

Or you can read the thread I shared here with pics of the carnage!
Marine Surveyors Are CLUELESS when it comes to Trailers!
Old 03-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

IDL E- you mention the Goodyear Endurance tires as being inadequate, do you have any experience w/ the G614RST tires?
Old 03-20-2019, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So... which Carlisle tire is the best then???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.