Notices

Vehicle Options

Old 02-26-2019, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

I wouldn't buy a truck with a sunroof personally. They can leak overtime so they require maintenance and they make the ceiling hot in the summer. A hole in the roof, is a hole in the roof. Just got ride of the dormers on the roof of my house for same reason.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Sunroofs are nice when driving around town. but when highway driving, I always thought it was noisy and annoying. I always end up closing all the windows and turn on the A/C.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 588 Likes on 270 Posts

My last few vehicles all came with them because usually loaded up.
My 09 tahoe that i put 150k miles on- I very rarely used it. Seems like the sun is always shining in my eyes when open.
First thing i always do is tint them w 5% so it darkens them up. As I did w the '19 Denali I just got.
The wife's X5 5.0 has the full panoramic roof. She uses it occasionally. Me not at all.
I will say i have Not noticed any squeaking in the BMW. Could be the because the Tunes are cranked and the Revs are usually Up there when I drive
Old 03-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 4,255 Likes on 1,226 Posts

I see the snowflake removed my post. lol everyone is so sensitive these days. man up
Old 03-04-2019, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I see the snowflake removed my post. lol everyone is so sensitive these days. man up

Dang....what did I miss? lol

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

My old dually did not have a sunroof and my new one does. I love having it for two reasons - nice for airflow even just tilted up and I like the glass panel to let light in. Personal preference really.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

70 degrees in Virginia yesterday, used the sunroof in both of my trucks!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
My old dually did not have a sunroof and my new one does. I love having it for two reasons - nice for airflow even just tilted up and I like the glass panel to let light in. Personal preference really.

Is that a mesh over gravel on the drive ? I like the Cheby except the fenderwells
Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say a matter of taste, I love sunroof's, if I'm looking a couple vehicles and one has a roof and one does not...leaning quickly to the one that does. I have had to many to count and never had a issue with any...now that being said I owned a sunroof shop for years and we installed them(pop ups, sliders, full electric, rag tops, even T-Tops) and did lots of service work, as nobody in town wanted to mess with them. They are like anything else, common sense useage...open them up every month or so, and keep a eye out in the water channels for pine needles dirt crap etc, thats what causes majority of leaks, clogged drain tubes. The electric ones do not seal per say and water has to drain out of all 4 corners. Back to original question, If I were ordering trucks, if it were a loaded LTZ I would be ordering most if not all with one...I think not having one would be a deal breaker for more than not. If it was a lower optioned one would not...
Old 03-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

My dogs say yes to the sunroof 😎