Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Rolls Axel Trailers / What’s up? >

Rolls Axel Trailers / What’s up?

Notices

Rolls Axel Trailers / What’s up?

Old 03-25-2019, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Rolls Axel Trailers / What’s up?

I’m not New to Rolls Axel Trailers, Back in 2005 myself and a fellow Superboater were having our 30 Y2K’s being built back to back. After much research and great reviews we both chose Rolls Axel and purchased 2. The trailer was great in every aspect. Dan Gallagher and Dan senior we’re always on point with any needs, advise or issues. Other than a surge brake master cylinder fail which was promptly replaced, an aluminum bracket which attaches the cross beam to the I beam cracked, which Dan up graded to a stainless brackets for superior strength no charge as well.
So now 14 years later I’m building another Superboat 30 Y2K and my first instinct is to buy another Rolls Axel Trailer. I call Dan, we talk about many things, my last purchase, the loss of his Dad, boat, and trailer business, and one of his new ventures (underwater gun for lion fish...another topic all together), even general pricing. Never a bad word. All good you’d think. This has been going on siince January 24. It’s not like I need the trailer today, as my boat is in the build process and I told him that. I am looking to put the trailer purchase in gear now though, and put that behind me. I have reached him occasionally, He just never responds to my text or calls me back or emails a proposal/ purchase order as he said he would on more than multiple occasions. Dan has also indicated a 2-3 week turn around.
The question remains....
Anybody have any dealings with them of late?
i’m about To bail on my endeavors. It’s a shame as I like their product. Heck he even offered to reach out to a friend he knows in outboard motors to help try an procure me a pair of 300R’s. I don’t feel that I’m being impatient. Being in the car business I feel as though i’m being “broomed”. Not sure why.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Update. Did get ahold of Dan finally. In addition to being busy, turns out he’s been a victim of his company computer being hacked. He’s been locked out, held for ransome and all his personal and banking info compromised. I can’t imagine how frustrating. He’s been so tied up trying to sort things out and leary to email anybody.....
And I thought I was having troubles and hope to be back on track soon. I wish him the best.