Notices

Lifting trailer-flat tire

Old 06-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

16x16 Concrete paver pads are about $3 each at Walmart. I park my trailers on them. Also what he said about one going all are close behind. I do not purchase "trailer service only" tires anymore. I try to find a load range e lt tire and keep them for many years.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

These tires are the ez button fix for all the earlier photos in this thread. I had a yard full of shredded 16's from all 6 of my various trailers. The last straw was a few years ago I had a 16 explode while I was pulling through the truck scales with a flatbed. The officers thought it was a gunshot......exciting moment....So I switched out all my tires and rims on everything. My local Commercial tire dealer seems to not want to sell these. Why? because it will significantly reduce or eliminate repairs and sales of crap 16's. I have not had 1 failure in 4 years. I had a nail leak on one. I tried to plug it but it had so much steel I could not get the plug through. Had to do a old school bust the bead and patch...........
Old 06-29-2019, 05:50 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I have about 6-7 versions of these and they double as chocks or tongue blocks if necessary.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel

These tires are the ez button fix for all the earlier photos in this thread. I had a yard full of shredded 16's from all 6 of my various trailers. The last straw was a few years ago I had a 16 explode while I was pulling through the truck scales with a flatbed. The officers thought it was a gunshot......exciting moment....So I switched out all my tires and rims on everything. My local Commercial tire dealer seems to not want to sell these. Why? because it will significantly reduce or eliminate repairs and sales of crap 16's. I have not had 1 failure in 4 years. I had a nail leak on one. I tried to plug it but it had so much steel I could not get the plug through. Had to do a old school bust the bead and patch...........
What brand and ply?
Old 08-09-2019, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Ran into this problem 4 months ago. Triple axle all American, 47 ft boat. Hit a piece of concrete in the road at 3 30 in the morning. Took out the rt side center & rear wheels.
I always carry a large assortment of 2x4, 4x4 & 6x6 pieces of wood when towing. It took about an hour & a half but using wood blocks, I got the tires changed. Good thing I had 2 spares.
I now carry 2, 20 ton bottle Jack's in the trailer tool box along with half inch steel plates to put on the top of the ram where it meets the trailer. It can be done with nothing but blocks of wood.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

bought 2 of these and lifted on the frame one side at a time. worked perfectly...

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/a...5704608&ipos=2

Last edited by 30outlaw; 08-09-2019 at 07:04 AM.