Notices

Truck Wanted

Old 10-28-2019, 11:55 AM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Truck Wanted

Looking for a Dodge 2500 or F-250 to keep at our Florida house. Just need something to pull 35 Donzi CC out of water couple times of year. Ramp is like 3 miles away. I really only want to spend around 10K so I know it will be high mileage. Don't even need 4WD or extended cab. Is it even possible to find something in this price range??

Thanks in advance.

Ed
Old 10-28-2019, 11:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

I would definitely get 4x4 Ed. Those tidal ramps down there can be incredibly slick. With 4x4, you can put the truck in 4 Low on the ramp, set the parking brake, and all 4 wheels are locked holding you on the ramp; not to mention the additional traction to get up the ramp. Are you going to drive it any when in town? I would get a gas truck for this task more than likely.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:18 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I would definitely get 4x4 Ed. Those tidal ramps down there can be incredibly slick. With 4x4, you can put the truck in 4 Low on the ramp, set the parking brake, and all 4 wheels are locked holding you on the ramp; not to mention the additional traction to get up the ramp. Are you going to drive it any when in town? I would get a gas truck for this task more than likely.
Certainly not against 4X4 but didn't think I could find any in that price range. Gas is preferable. Will really not be driven in town unless needed to pick something up.

Thanks.

Ed
Old 10-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

I found a V10 Ford Excursion 4x4 for less than that and I am using it for the exact same purpose. But I did find the truck in North Carolina and have to get it down to Florida.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Check out craigslist in you area