Notices

New 2022 GM HD truck order date

Old 04-09-2021, 02:06 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I absolutely love my 2021 2500 Duramax. Its honestly the first truck I've owned for quite some time where I've been able to convince myself "I may keep this one for a while".

That said, if the 2023 gets Super Cruise, I may have to give it a year or so in the HD trucks and then upgrade again to a 2024!
Old 04-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat 1 View Post
Does anyone have experience with a 2018 Chevy LTZ w/ a 5.3L motor I want people with "real" towing experience. Sorry if this is not the place to post this. Thank's
Last year I towed from south Florida to lake powell. 6000 lbs boat trailer. Roughly 5500 miles round trip. Early June so it was hot out west. Zero issues. I had the max tow package , 2 wheel drive .. state line ramp is pretty steep and again , no problems. I averaged just shy of 16 mpg
Old 04-18-2021, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Computer chips aren't the only shortage. The refinery that makes resin pellets for plastics and the "foam" components used for seats and weather stripping product is not fully online yet. It was severely damaged during the cold snap in Texas when the power was out. It's not expecting to be fully operational for another 6wks. The facility I work in supplies GM, Ford, Nissan, and Toyota. We're running about 50% capacity because of delayed and cancelled orders.