Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Show me your trailer mounted fresh water tanks >

Show me your trailer mounted fresh water tanks

Notices

Show me your trailer mounted fresh water tanks

Old 10-11-2021, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Show me your trailer mounted fresh water tanks

Looking for ideas. Just bought a fresh water boat Im bringing to salt and want to keep her as nice as possible. Would like a tank on the trailer under the bow to rinse the trailer after launching. Im looking at some complete kits at places like Tractor Supply for spraying insecticide etc.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...s-spot-sprayer
Old 10-12-2021, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was almost set on that idea as well because the harbor I launch out of doesn't have washdown. I prefer finding a carwash nearby, if that's possible it's the move IMO, lot less things to deal with and you can put a lot of quarters in the machine for the price of the setup your thinking about for the trailer and it will be a much better wash down.
Not to steal your post but what is your trailer made out of and what do you put on it? I just built a new aluminum I-beam trailer and I put Rupp Alumaguard on the whole trailer, haven't dunked it in salt water yet after but it seemed to coat the trailer pretty well.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Works great!
The following 3 users liked this post by waveryd:
dykstra (10-13-2021), Mr. Demeanor (10-12-2021), PROP STAR (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

Went to Northern Tool and picked up the Tank. Cut a 1/4 inch plate and mounted it on the tank for vibration purposes. Then mounted the pump on top of that. Ran electric to a On/Off toggle to the Port side in front of tailgate. Stbd side, 75 ft of reinforced nylon hose with garden hose sprayer. Fill hose same side.
The following 2 users liked this post by AmiableDave:
Mr. Demeanor (10-12-2021), PROP STAR (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Registered

Aluminum. Im thinking more for a quick rinse especially the brakes after launching so it snot sitting in all salty in the parking lot all day.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Registered

Im thinking of rigging up a sprayer setup on the trailer to rinse the brakes etc with irrigation heads all plumbed just turn on the pump after launching the boat let it rinse until the truck is parked in the lot.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:43 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 517 Likes on 233 Posts

Check out the Evolution Trailers website. They offer it as an option, and there are a couple pics.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 270 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
Im thinking of rigging up a sprayer setup on the trailer to rinse the brakes etc with irrigation heads all plumbed just turn on the pump after launching the boat let it rinse until the truck is parked in the lot.
that's a good idea, i launch not too far away from home and rinse there, for the axels and brakes i slide a lawn sprinkler in between 2 tires till it's under the keel and let it go back and forth for a little bit