Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Velocity (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity-40/)
-   -   Long Labor Day Poker Run Velocities.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity/111697-long-labor-day-poker-run-velocities.html)

two-air 09-05-2005 01:52 PM

Long Labor Day Poker Run Velocities....

The Long Labor Day Poker Run was an incredible run this year with a total of 65 boats! There were two groups, one starting from Sarasota and one from St. Pete. The Sarasota group was paced by a Sling Shot, and I was the pace boat for the St. Pete group in our Velocity 390. It was fun leading the boats through the Passagrille Channel with xXx and a 36 Nortech with 1200s right on our tail. Both groups met up in the Gulf of Mexico for the run into Tampa Bay then down to the Sarasota Hyatt..

C.A. with his VR-1 was the talk of the day with his ladies, and won best looking crew. If there was a prize for best paint he would have that to!

Talking with Stu Jones from the Florida Powerboat club who videoed from the helicopter said Dan in his 36 with the Viper motors,was getting so much air that every shot he took was a money $hot!

The other Velocities were kicking ass also, it was great to see such a Velocity turnout. Look forward to seeing you all again at our next OPBA Poker Run!! :drink: :drink: p

CAVelocity 09-06-2005 07:30 AM

Re: Long Labor Day Poker Run Velocities....

3 Attachment(s)
As usual, the Velocity's had a great time. I'll post some pictures, although we weren't able to get too many. We ran outside both ways and really enjoyed the lunch stop.... which turned into a huge pool party!

Tough luck to Jeremy who blew the drive in a brand new 290SC.

Dan's Viper boat was running AWESOME... and he did get some serious air.

Unfortunantly, some of the ladies from other boats were rude to my crew after the run.... which was very disappointing.

FlashPRace 09-06-2005 03:15 PM

C.A. thats a shame, why be rude...?
You and your ladies have been nothing but fun, social, and in the spirit of power boating at any run we have see you on. My wife feels the same way.
Hope the crowd at next party is more fun.
Guess we need to get out to more runs and see whats going on.

Steet 09-06-2005 07:11 PM

CA, your crew is always welcome on any and all runs we do. You guys are the greatest. we will be down soon. We hope to make the Sarasota run in early October. See you then

ThoroughHustler 09-06-2005 09:13 PM

The Crew is always welcome at my place...no rudness alllowed

LongShot 09-07-2005 08:07 PM

Hello CA,

Good to see you at the OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run. We are glad your group had a good time and your crew won "Best Dressed Crew" for the poker run. Your boat was a crowd favorite! Especially by the helicopter.

Sorry to hear about some of the other ladies on the other boats. Obviously they were jealous of the beautiful and friendly ladies you had on board.

My wife and I enjoyed meeting all of you and we hope to see you again.

Zero Patience 09-08-2005 05:29 PM

We had no problem with it. Beautiful boat and crew...