Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Velocity (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity-40/)
-   -   Blown a$$ets (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity/182500-blown-%24%24ets.html)

Andy 03-19-2008 02:49 PM

Blown a$$ets

3 Attachment(s)
A little slow at the shop yesterday and today, so I closed off one of the bays and brought the B.O.A.T. in. I have begun... Engines out. What is that spongey feeling under the bench seat? Floor rotted all stringers and transom OK!

Velocity Vector 03-19-2008 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 2491258)
A little slow at the shop yesterday and today, so I closed off one of the bays and brought the B.O.A.T. in. I have begun... Engines out. What is that spongey feeling under the bench seat? Floor rotted all stringers and transom OK!

That spongy feeling, its money or foam over the gas tank.

tripps 03-19-2008 07:15 PM

andy better check that gas tank while its open :hitfan::D ,im quite sure i'll be doin mine some time, tripps

Velocity Vector 03-19-2008 07:19 PM

Quote Raggedege from another thread,

Rumour has it, called cheat and splash. You find a nice old boat, use it as the plug and pull a new mold off it. Putz around a little, new top deck, and Bingo! Whole new boat.

Velocity Vector 03-19-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 2491258)

Are you saying everything is OK or are you saying OK I have to replace everything?

Andy 03-19-2008 10:33 PM

Everything except for the floor is fine. There was a small spongy spot 1ft square under the rear bench seat. I drilled a 1/2 hole and the wood came out rotted so I pulled the whole floor up. It's not that big of a deal 4hrs max. I will probably take 8 more hrs to fit and install it back to new. I had to know what the rest was like otherwise I would be too freaked out making a high speed pass. I'm going to pressure test the gas tank tomorrow, that will be a bioch. If all goes well the floor will be in by supper time. Next its off to Sparkey at Vicious Marine for a one off engine hatch with two scoops. Maybe I will call my boat "Raisin Bran"(two scoops, get it, my wife didn't) rather than "Global Warming"(burns so much gas)

Velocity Vector 03-19-2008 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 2491990)
Everything except for the floor is fine. There was a small spongy spot 1ft square under the rear bench seat. I drilled a 1/2 hole and the wood came out rotted so I pulled the whole floor up. It's not that big of a deal 4hrs max. I will probably take 8 more hrs to fit and install it back to new. I had to know what the rest was like otherwise I would be too freaked out making a high speed pass. I'm going to pressure test the gas tank tomorrow, that will be a bioch. If all goes well the floor will be in by supper time. Next its off to Sparkey at Vicious Marine for a one off engine hatch with two scoops. Maybe I will call my boat "Raisin Bran"(two scoops, get it, my wife didn't) rather than "Global Warming"(burns so much gas)

Raisin Brand that is funny. Glad for you it is only floor. Since we didn't have to replace everything else lets ditch the old gas tank and do new while we got it where we do. Maybe even a larger one with the global warming engines we are going with. I just love spending other peoples money, you will thank me later on I promise. There has to be some red dirt in that tank from Oklahoma!