Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Velocity (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity-40/)
-   -   This pad we all talk about on the 320 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity/182583-pad-we-all-talk-about-320-a.html)

Velocity Vector 03-20-2008 03:50 PM

This pad we all talk about on the 320

Why couldn't a person take an impression off a 41 pad make a mold, stamp a piece out of the mold and incorporate it into the hull of the 320? It is just fiberglass and what can't you make out of fiberglass. "And remember can't never did anything" I'm sure I'm not the only moron to think of this? But just in case PATIENT PENDING #320-41

RaggedEdge 03-20-2008 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector (Post 2492872)
Why couldn't a person take an impression off a 41 pad make a mold, stamp a piece out of the mold and incorporate it into the hull of the 320? It is just fiberglass and what can't you make out of fiberglass. "And remember can't never did anything" I'm sure I'm not the only moron to think of this? But just in case PATIENT PENDING #320-41

I'm sure in theory you could do this, it is just fiberglass. It would need to be spot on if you plan to run it at 100 mph or more, and perfect most often takes a lot of time, which means a lot of money. So why would one put even more money into something knowing most would never come back to them?

As a side thought here, if a little bottom tweek would have fixed this hulls handling traits would it not have been done by Velocity in the first place. Then offer a new "bottom in a box" kit so owners could just stick a new improved one on their current hull, little 3M 5200 and you're good to go. It's just not all that simple, not impossible, just not simple.

Drive it and enjoy it as it is, or sell / trade it and move on. Either one will be far cheaper in the long run than trying to turn it into something it is not.

Velocity Vector 03-20-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2493319)
I'm sure in theory you could do this, it is just fiberglass. It would need to be spot on if you plan to run it at 100 mph or more, and perfect most often takes a lot of time, which means a lot of money. So why would one put even more money into something knowing most would never come back to them?

As a side thought here, if a little bottom tweek would have fixed this hulls handling traits would it not have been done by Velocity in the first place. Then offer a new "bottom in a box" kit so owners could just stick a new improved one on their current hull, little 3M 5200 and you're good to go. It's just not all that simple, not impossible, just not simple.

Drive it and enjoy it as it is, or sell / trade it and move on. Either one will be far cheaper in the long run than trying to turn it into something it is not.

Never thought I would say it but "you are right" Just going to pi$$ me off when Andy fly's by me with that 100 MPH smile on his face doing 115 MPH.

RaggedEdge 03-21-2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector (Post 2493414)
Never thought I would say it but "you are right" Just going to pi$$ me off when Andy fly's by me with that 100 MPH smile on his face doing 115 MPH.

I wouldn't worry about it, you have a better looking dash, the dock walkers will think you're faster.

DKerns 03-21-2008 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2493656)
I wouldn't worry about it, you have a better looking dash, the dock walkers will think you're faster.

Only a "F"ountain guy could come up with a line like that!!. :evilb:

All in fun Ragged, no harm intended!!!!

Vicious22 03-21-2008 09:51 AM

All right i've lurked long enough.....

RE, Hyper correct me if i'm wrong or exadurating.

VV you put 650 or 700 hp per side, 1.5:1 ratio drive(XR or Imco)if you have the $$$, 30" or 32" Bravo blades.

You may not go over 100mph but you'll be the first on to a 100mph.

Hyper's 320 pulls like a drag boat. It's a ton of fun when you pull up on a big old fountain with monster motors. They look over like your nothing.

Bill sticks um to the dash..... later..... and by the time they wind up we've already stopped and and cracked a beer.

In a era where most people arew running over a 100 why not be one of the fastest to 100. It's alot cheaper.

Good luck and make sure you tell the wife.

My 280 is called "Unauthorized Purchase" and the would be Ragged's fault.

Velocity Vector 03-21-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Vicious22 (Post 2493872)
All right i've lurked long enough.....

RE, Hyper correct me if i'm wrong or exadurating.

VV you put 650 or 700 hp per side, 1.5:1 ratio drive(XR or Imco)if you have the $$$, 30" or 32" Bravo blades.

You may not go over 100mph but you'll be the first on to a 100mph.

Hyper's 320 pulls like a drag boat. It's a ton of fun when you pull up on a big old fountain with monster motors. They look over like your nothing.

Bill sticks um to the dash..... later..... and by the time they wind up we've already stopped and and cracked a beer.

In a era where most people arew running over a 100 why not be one of the fastest to 100. It's alot cheaper.

Good luck and make sure you tell the wife.

My 280 is called "Unauthorized Purchase" and the would be Ragged's fault.

The boat is free and clear, I got a monster dash saying it is not a sleeper. I got a wife, I had to buy her and daughter two new jet ski, 40K kitchen and a new Mercedes after I bought the boat so I'm thinking go for it, what else can she need? :party-smiley-004:

Vicious22 03-21-2008 10:30 AM

what else can she need?

wooooow be careful. don't utter the words.

Lotta bling out the for women. As for the power. i've learned that if you paint it the same as your current setup she may not notice the extra 400 hp.:cool-smiley-011:

Any chance a you draggin that 320 east to lake norman?

Velocity Vector 03-21-2008 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vicious22 (Post 2493908)
what else can she need?

wooooow be careful. don't utter the words.

Lotta bling out the for women. As for the power. i've learned that if you paint it the same as your current setup she may not notice the extra 400 hp.:cool-smiley-011:

Any chance a you draggin that 320 east to lake norman?

I'm game, you can help stab motors?

Velocity Vector 03-21-2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2493656)

Speaking of dash, I finally got it finished just got to put it in the boat. Check it out in Livorsi Monster Gauge thread.