Anyone know this boat? >

Anyone know this boat?

Notices

Anyone know this boat?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know this boat?

I've been looking for a first boat and this one caught my eye, I really like the looks and lines of Velocity so if anyone knows of one for sale let me know.

Brent

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1998.../United-States
Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Registered

hey, jethead, there's a few people on here with 260's for sale, sick stinger is one I believe and I'm sure he'll jump in here soon. I don't know what your budget is but I would sell mine, it's an '06 with like 80 hours on it, in piratically new condition, and i'd make you a great deal on it.....
I just added a bunch of stuff on it last season too....
Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 007joe
hey, jethead, there's a few people on here with 260's for sale, sick stinger is one I believe and I'm sure he'll jump in here soon. I don't know what your budget is but I would sell mine, it's an '06 with like 80 hours on it, in piratically new condition, and i'd make you a great deal on it.....
I just added a bunch of stuff on it last season too....

Sounds like your boat might be a little out of my price range, 25k is what I was thinking but I could do more if I found a great deal. Do you have any advice about the Velocity brand, I've been reading up on them but I don't know a whole lot yet. Thanks

Brent
Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 285 Likes on 137 Posts

how bout you buy the one I have for sale......its the 30 Poker Run
Old 01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a bad time to buy a boat, wait till mid when prices are higher..
Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
This is a bad time to buy a boat, wait till mid when prices are higher..
lol... good advice!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
how bout you buy the one I have for sale......its the 30 Poker Run
This boat is bad a$$... definitely should take a look!!!!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...-run-sale.html
Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered

Anyway jethead, I only have two seasons on this boat and about 75 hours but there is a lot of useful info on this site and the velocity forum, here's my two cents. I came out of a 21' checkmate that ran low 50's (wot), that i had three seasons on and close to 200 hours. (just to give you some background)
I love the Velocity brand from my experience with the boat.
You'll read a lot if you search it, that they are a "drivers boat", and that is true. I didn't get it at first, or the first season out with it, but after 50-60 hrs (and a lot of advice from these guys) i started to understand. You can't just mash the throttle(s) and get the most out of the boat, you have to get a feel for the boat and how it reacts. My first season I opened it up once, and then real quick got off it (out of fear and not being comfortable over 55-60 mph). In the middle of the following season I got more used to its performance and was able to controlably and safely drive the boat at higher speeds.
As far as speed my 260 (really a 24') is a legit 70 mph boat with only 375 hp. and no steps so when i bought my boat the performance to $ factor and safety made sense.
The build quality of the boats appear excellent and the factory support is top notch, I bought mine new as a leftover at a NY dealer and spoke to Ken at the factory before making the purchase and many, many times since, and he is always incredibly helpful.
My boats not the fastest on the water but I now have a lot of confidence in what it is capable of and what it can handle.
My only qualm with the boat,i and this was initially keep in mind, was in rougher water I felt it rode hard. I have been told and believe this is due to the "pad" bottom which is why it performs and handles the way it does. The more time I spend on the boat, though, the smoother the ride seems to be, and I am still in a 24' boat so some of the water here gets big for that size boat.... Actually a friend has a 23' Baja and I had him turn back a couple times when i stayed running out....
If you want something fast, SAFE and different (compared to a baja, or fountain, etc.) I would seriously, seriously look into these boats.
Oh and, ALL of the velocity owners I've met or spoke to are some of the most helpful and brand loyal you'll meet.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Anyway jethead, I only have two seasons on this boat and about 75 hours but there is a lot of useful info on this site and the velocity forum, here's my two cents. I came out of a 21' checkmate that ran low 50's (wot), that i had three seasons on and close to 200 hours. (just to give you some background)
I love the Velocity brand from my experience with the boat.
You'll read a lot if you search it, that they are a "drivers boat", and that is true. I didn't get it at first, or the first season out with it, but after 50-60 hrs (and a lot of advice from these guys) i started to understand. You can't just mash the throttle(s) and get the most out of the boat, you have to get a feel for the boat and how it reacts. My first season I opened it up once, and then real quick got off it (out of fear and not being comfortable over 55-60 mph). In the middle of the following season I got more used to its performance and was able to controlably and safely drive the boat at higher speeds.
As far as speed my 260 (really a 24') is a legit 70 mph boat with only 375 hp. and no steps so when i bought my boat the performance to $ factor and safety made sense.
The build quality of the boats appear excellent and the factory support is top notch, I bought mine new as a leftover at a NY dealer and spoke to Ken at the factory before making the purchase and many, many times since, and he is always incredibly helpful.
My boats not the fastest on the water but I now have a lot of confidence in what it is capable of and what it can handle.
My only qualm with the boat,i and this was initially keep in mind, was in rougher water I felt it rode hard. I have been told and believe this is due to the "pad" bottom which is why it performs and handles the way it does. The more time I spend on the boat, though, the smoother the ride seems to be, and I am still in a 24' boat so some of the water here gets big for that size boat.... Actually a friend has a 23' Baja and I had him turn back a couple times when i stayed running out....
If you want something fast, SAFE and different (compared to a baja, or fountain, etc.) I would seriously, seriously look into these boats.
Oh and, ALL of the velocity owners I've met or spoke to are some of the most helpful and brand loyal you'll meet.
Steve should hire you That is excellent advice!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol... good advice!
One more peice of advice, What ever length you thing you need or want, buy one 6 feet longer, that way you have twin engines and twin drives so when you replace everything it will cost twice as much.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.