22 Center Console >

22 Center Console

Notices

22 Center Console

Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22 Center Console

I'm looking for first hand experience from owners of the 22' Velocity CC setups. I'm out in California and want something like this or the Concept 23 as a performance SUV (not so much for fishing) to use in the bay and on Lake Havasu/Mohave/Mead/Powell. I'm comming from a Spectra 20 with 800hp and a jet, and my family version with 330hp and a jet (82 and 50mph respectively). Not much in the way of small performance oriented 21-23' CCs out here, so I'm having to do a lot of research to see if this is even a viable "do all" platform.

How is the ride of the 22 in moderate multidirectional chop? On the lakes it gets more washing machine-ish in some areas, than it does in the bay where the rollers are consistent in direction.

Any idea what kind of speeds I'd be looking at with a 225, 250, and 300hp setup?

For what it's worth, I'll be looking to pick up a used setup for this go'round, then if the whole CC deal works out, I might look new in a few years. With that in mind, are there any years of 22 CCs to stay away from, or specific issues that are common to this model? I know the regular 22 is a proven platform, but it's been harder finding first hand experience from owners of the CC models.

Thanks in advance for any information, insight, experience you can share. And yes, I've already emailed Kenny at Velocity, and they got back to me promptly; I just like to get information from multiple sources.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, 5 miles per gallon @ 50 mph w/ 300 HP Mercury 300 HP, No Top- 75 MPH max.
200 HP w/ Top up- 60 MPH
Fuel Mileage
300 HP @ 50 mph- 300 Mile Range
300 HP @ 70 mph- 180 Mile Range
200 HP @ 60 mph- 240 Mile Range
200 HP @ 50 mph- 400 Mile Range
You can run the flats & still run offshore in 4' seas. Do it safe & dry, & outrun any other boat in the bay.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 11-12-2010 at 07:45 AM.