Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
383 mag in a V 260 >

383 mag in a V 260

Notices

383 mag in a V 260

Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can't find someoen to tune it. I will trade my 496 mag for what you have..
Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qaberdeen
thks again,

i purchased the boat with a 7.4l mpi, had reversion issues after a season or so, went to 560hp carb engine which has been nothing but trouble...motor runs good, but the idling characteristics i cant handle..it loads up fast and bogs down when i'm idling at low rpms, which makes docking, rafts ups in tight quarters almost imposible..so i'm thinking that i want to go back to the stock engine for those factors.. i olny have 40hrs on the motor and i'm ready to change it..also i don't have any marine mechanics that understand these types of motors to tune it properly..

but thanks again for the input..
Q
Here's a pic my engine
you need to find somone that knows how to set up your carb and your troubles will be over
Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

thanks, working on that now ..so hopefully some good news soon..

thanks for the help..
Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Don't know about the 496 but my 1998 502 mag EFI has been absolutely reliable. Turn the key and go. Only engine problem was with the power steering pulley. Cheap peice of plastic sh*t I would go with the cubic inches,
Had 502 EFI's in my Hustler also. Great, reliable motors....If you're looking for more HP, could also try to find a 500 EFI take-out. Very reliable also, but needs more attention to top end & the headers. I'd skip the small block.