Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Thnking about selling, need suggestion on asking price.. >

Thnking about selling, need suggestion on asking price..

Notices

Thnking about selling, need suggestion on asking price..

Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thnking about selling, need suggestion on asking price..

First and foremost, this is not an ad or me attempting to sell by bypassing the Classifieds. I am just trying to get an understanding of where the market is at and get a feel for a reasonable asking price... Now on to my question...

I am thinking about selling my 2003 Velocity 260. It has a 496 Mag w/Whipple Stage II PCM Flash. Other than the Whipple PCM flash the motor is stock. Bravo One Outdrive w/Drive Shower. Has new Exhaust tips w/Internal flappers. Currently the boat is sitting at 384 hrs on the dash meter. Upon the last scan I had (back when boat was at 200hrs) most of the time on the motor was below 3000 rpm, which means who ever previously owned it did a lot of no wake zones. The boat has been used in fresh water only. Had new plugs installed last season. Had New IAC installed 3 seasons ago. It has Lenco Electric Sport Tabs Very large (look at photos) that were installed 3 years ago. Has a very large stereo system w/custom amp rack, kicker speakers in cockpit, kicker L7 12" sub mounted in cabin under the bed, behind the portapotty, Kicker amps for highs and mids, Kenwood Class D 1800 watt amp for the Subwoofer all done the right way with multiple deep cycle house batteries, on board 30 amp charger. Stereo has full ipod (radio has a slide in dock for ipod) and satelite and has a transom mounted control. Transom mounted DC Gold (formally Babbs) 6x9". Boat is solid white (it was ordered from Velocity without a graphics package) so I had a Vinyl Graphic installed last year. Boat has a show room shine. Comes on an aluminum Ameritrail trailer. Had a brand new starter installed at the end of the 2011 season had a new alternator installed mid-2011 season. Comes with a Brand New in Box Alternator (Spare), Spare flame arrestor and K&N air Filter/Arrestor. Spare seawater housing w/Sensor. Also coming with a spare Bravo One Lower Unit. Prop is a 26p Bravo that was just labbed by BBlades and has 15min of use on it. The boat runs great. Has a fixed dash mount Garmin GPS. New Carbon Fiber Silver, Red, Charcoal Vinyl Cockpit interior done in 2011. Cabin is really good shape with only a few minor marks on the seats. Has a cockpit cover and full length cover. Has fender racks mounted inside of engine compartment to accomidate 4 large fenders. New Diamond plate flooring in engine compartment (beginnig of 2012 season). Also has hidden LED lighting through out the cockpit (RED). I just bought 5 pop-up cleats that I don't have time to powder coat and install, I will include them in sale as well. I am sure there is a lot more I am missing. I included a link below to see pics of the exterior and interior. What do you guys think is a decent asking price. NADA shows AVG retail (as optioned) at $29000 (not including trailer). The boat presents itself very well with only a few minor flaws. I spend a lot of time maintaining the appearance and operation of it (she is my baby...). Just time to move onward and upward. The family and I have outgrown her. Looking at a Center Console as the next purchase. I am not in a big hurry to sell as I don't have another boat picked out so I don't need to settle on the first offer that comes my way. I would like to see $26,000 out of it if it's possible and had thought about listing it for $29,000 and see if it gets any action. Maybe I am way off the mark??? Thats why I am here asking you guys,.....

http://www.bradzgarage.com/velocity/velocity.html

Last edited by low_psi; 05-14-2013 at 01:03 PM.