Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory! >

Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory!

Notices

Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory!

Old 06-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steve Stepp banned from the velocity factory!

I was told by a reliable source that Steve Stepp was banned from the velocity factory. They owe him a few dollars $$$$ left on there contract and don't want to pay him. I was also told that they have a lot of warranty issues.
The man who started velocity is no longer involved in the brand we all love.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Steve is one of the nicest people I have ever met. This does not bode well for the new owners.

Individual Velocity boat owners have always been like a family. If Steve Stepp is treated like this.....I can't see any Velocity people supporting the "new" Velocity.

Padraig

Last edited by Padraig; 06-28-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:20 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Not like we are friends but Mr. Stepp was always nice to me when ever I ran into him. Even in Miami I sat down with him and Kenny for hours just talking about boats. He really is a nice guy with NO ego hang ups plus always friendly.

I do know he reported restoring / building a 1981 30 Velocity currently.

Man that's too bad the new owners would do that to him and really they are not thinking about the long term effect that the public will perceive about this current news. A big mistake on their part.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New owners are very rude and not business minded at all, I love Velocity eat sleep and breath them and proud to represent them, I called for shirts on 3 or 4 different occasions and they said they would get back to me on the performance shirts, still nooo response, I just might be done with Velocity overall, Steve and his Staff was always a great pleasure to do business with, maybe he might need to start up a new generation Velocity!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sorry, but I think this might be my fault. Every time I buy a boat, the brand goes to $hit. First it was Baja, then Sonic, and now this. I'm buying a Bayliner next. At least I'll do some good.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I'm sorry, but I think this might be my fault. Every time I buy a boat, the brand goes to $hit. First it was Baja, then Sonic, and now this. I'm buying a Bayliner next. At least I'll do some good.
"Our Velocity Brand" really went away two years ago with the sale to the new owners. This is because I always felt that the "Velocity brand" was every bit as much Steve, Kim, Kenny and key folks in the shop as the boats themselves. It's really a shame that Steve couldn't part ways with the new owners in the same gracious and respectful manner that he always showed his customers.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Maybe the new owners talked with the owners of fountain and decided that is what you do. NOT

Too bad, but I doubt Steve will do another company. He is getting up there as well. End of a era, seems we hear that to often lately.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Don't know if it is connected but the Velocity web site has been down also.

Padraig

Last edited by Padraig; 06-29-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:05 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Some of you will remember that Steve sold the Velocity Brand to Regal Boats in the late 80's....he was disappointed in the quality of build Regal was putting the Velocity name on & left Regal to start Thoroughbred Boats...eventually...mid to late 90's Steve re-acquired the Velocity name & built them "his way" until this most recent sale... Steve is a "Performance Boat Guy" .... if you own one of his boats rest assured it was built right.... these new owners are fisherman... not performance boaters....
Old 06-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Things don't look good on their FB page either. Here is a little conversation I copied from their page:

Polly Shaffer Podgorski
June 22 at 8:29pm.

So so interesting. You can not rate the company anymore since I posted this comment below and gave them a one star rating. Imagine that! I wonder how long it will take them to take this honest post down again. Now they want to fix boats. I guess they have plenty of experience. Patched stringers on new boats with added piece of stringer on top, screwed down and fiber glassed over. UNACCEPTABLE. My wife and I witness this in front of the former Velocity owner. Cancelled our order. They still owe me one thousand dollars after 6 months. If you are getting a boat built go to the factory and check that things have been corrected. However, would you still want to buy from someone who would keep a portion of your deposit money?
1Like · Comment..

Velocity Powerboats Mr. & Mrs. Podgorski – While comments are always welcome we are unable to share the details of your agreement. We are committed to our customers and apologize if we missed a chance to be of better service to you.
Like · Reply · June 22 at 9:46pm

Polly Shaffer Podgorski Simple. If this truly were the case then return my 1000.00 dollars and all will be square. We will not bill you for our wasted time nor should you bill us for yours particularly since you were not being truly honest with us or utimately some of your customers. My agreement was with Scott and he knows what it was, it was not with Brad but that is another story. Nice business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.