finally getting some water time in my 280 >

finally getting some water time in my 280

Notices

finally getting some water time in my 280

Old 07-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
Sure you're not set on knots right??? Ha! That 280 should definitely run into the 80's.

With your RPM's and speed you're at 24% slip which is really high. Should be down between 10%-15%
First thing i need to do is get my hands on a different prop to try. Performance boating up here is not a common thing so findin one will be the difficult part for me without just buying a new one
Old 07-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackedout02
First thing i need to do is get my hands on a different prop to try. Performance boating up here is not a common thing so findin one will be the difficult part for me without just buying a new one
Be careful buying props , you could end up right back where you are?
Less slip will require sometimes less pitch,like with a 5 blade.May run the same , but you really haven't gained because you can get on plain and no slip with bravo ?
I've done a lot of testing with a couple boats with bravo 28 & 30p props along with SC Imco lower cases.
85mph depends on a lot of things as it should be, I'm thinking more on the 80 mph side as practical with right prop.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackedout02
Check out the test program at bblades.com. It's $45 plus shipping per prop. As long as they stock it as part of the program, it's a great way to try 'em out.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my .02 280 ran 80-82mph in good conditions with 575-600HP, and 26 labbed Bravo 1. RPM's were in the 5100-5300 range.