Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 10-09-2017, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We here in Ohio just had our season closer event: 2017 Caesar Creek Shootout. I caught some pic of the sweet Velocity with a serious IMCO Extreme SCX4 drive. Don't know what the motor was but I'd think it's pretty big if you need to run that kind of drive.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

That's a good looking VR1! Definately not a factory paint job from Velocity.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Nice. It looks like the intake to the engine compartment been modified. Instead or round it a bears to have three vertical slots. Sees, to me, that it would be restrictive.

Padraig
Old 12-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When will you have some more updates? I love this thread
Old 12-12-2017, 03:33 AM
Registered

Yeah, I know it's been a dead thread lately............. To keep up mod'ing and posting, well that's gonna take a "GO FUND ME PAGE"...........

Currently o'l man winter has the boat stored in the garage for a long winters nap, drive is off for some maintenance. When I bought the boat there was a tear in the rear sun deck vinyl, and over the years of use it grew in size to be much more noticeable. So it's getting recovered with new vinyl & new foam. I opt'd to use harder foam under the vinyl to keep stretch to a minimum as that's the worst thing on sewn joints over time . The "V" logo that was in the OEM vinyl will no longer there, way to expensive to have it reproduced to OEM design, so going with white, yellow, white bars across (port to starboard).

Other change for spring 2018 is that I've sold off some Bravo 1's I had hanging on the wall and gone to a Maximus 5 blade, 25P x 15 1/4" dia., it's currently at the prop shop getting a polish job & the barrel cut to a short tube. I have several friends who are running this prop including the custom painted VR1 in the photo above and they all swear by that prop, so I figure why not get it a try. Was able to buy a used one at a reasonable price vs. $1995 (list) new. I'll post up some pics when it all get's back to me.

Merry Christmas to you all and have a safe and Happy New Year !!!!!!

Last edited by 90profx; 12-12-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Registered

Update?
Old 06-17-2018, 04:04 AM
Registered

Sorry all, have been sided lined with many, many issues and side line projects and filling orders for my EZ FOOT THROTTLE. Every year around tax refund time the orders start rolling in. I make my throttles to order, there not already made waiting to ship.

As of 6/17/18: It's been a crappy start to Boating Season 2018 here in the Ohio River Valley. Due to tons of rain early in the season, the river has been totally NON-USABLE" unless your willing to kill a prop or loose your drive. Everything from complete trees to a few cars were spotted flowing down river. River was only 2' from hitting serious "FLOOD" stage here. Things have finally calmed down now and just waiting for the last good flush to clean the debris out. Went to Lake Cumberland KY last weeked boat ran great, other than a continuous warning beeping on our second day out from the dock. Had to think for a moment as to what that could be about............"DRIVE LUBE RESERVOIR WAS LOW. Filled it up and on our way we went. Oversight on my part after changing the gear lube last month, forgot to top off reservoir again.

Boat is running great, the DRY PIPE exhaust project turned out beyond expectations, sounds awesome. Latched onto a big dia. Merc Maximus 5 Blade Prop to try out, 15 1/4" x 25P, plugged PVS Holes and having the short barrel on it. WOW, talk about hole shot, it jumps out of the hole. W.O.T. run is still pending. I don't have allot of hope of it being a fast prop from what I've heard but it will make your boat drive like it's on rails, handling is outrageous. Stays on Pad at much slower speed and tends not to want to go into bow hop mode where it once did before at slower cruise speeds. Sun Deck has been replaced with new and heavier grade foam as well as new vinyl. Original vinyl had a few cuts and most of the stitching around the "V" was starting to really pull out from over stretch. I decided to forgo having the "V" redone in the vinyl as it was pretty expensive to have done and nobody around here was willing to stand behind the work enough that it wouldn't "PUCKER", so just White & Yellow vinyl was used to match rear seat colors. I'll get some pics up once me left arm becomes usable again....., inflamed tendon or muscle. Did some landscaping at the house, moved by hand 2 1/2 tons of white Marble Rock Chips (shovel & wheelbarrow), then went onto washing, waxing and power buffing the boat before our Lake Cumberland trip.......guess I overdid it. I still think I'm 21, forgetting I'm really "71". This also caused me to miss the Lake Cumberland Thunder Run currently underway. Going back to doctor Tuesday for progress report from MRI taken. Pics coming soon. Have a great and safe summer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2018, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

LOL, I am two years behind you but know where you are coming from. Helped wife with tomatoes etc then washed, clayed, polished and waxed the boat. At least I did have to use what my father called an idiot stick (shovel) and Irish Cadillac (wheelbarrow).

Enjoy the summer!

Padraig
Old 06-18-2018, 06:04 AM
Registered

You enjoy as well, be safe and burn fuel......................
Old 10-13-2018, 09:40 PM
Registered

Anymore updates plans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.