Old 04-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My new 290sc

Whats this switch for???

Smokey Mountains Virginia

Tied up in Baton Rouge

My first drive
Alright folks, here she is! 2006 290sc. I drove from northern Vermont to Baton Rouge Louisiana to get her and it was worth every second of the drive. I would like to thank everyone for all the advice and suggestions when I decided that I wanted a Velocity to be my family's next boat. So..now comes the fun. The boat is not perfect, engine hatch was not working, replaced the actuator and working good now. The hatch adjuster in the cabin is broken so I'm working with Bomar on a replacement but it's looking like I may need to come up with a backup plan. The boat has 4 GIANT batteries, I'm thinking I may eliminate 2 of them, they are all on the port side so the water tank needs to be full to balance the boat, seems like a lot of useless weight! So.....here comes the questions. There is a unlabeled switch on the dash next to the depth finder, I'll post a pic, no clue what it does. Also, there are 2 AUX switches, again no clue what they do. Last question for now, I am assuming the switch on the wall in the bathroom is for the freshwater system, but I've got no water! I have not had time to check for power at the pump yet to see if it's a faulty pump but if I'm wrong please correct me! I'm sure I will have more questions, and thanks to all for the help, were ready to be on the water! I'm hoping to find a poker run on Lake Champlain this summer, we have never done one and looks like a ton of fun!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

That switch is for the fresh water pump. There is another in the bathroom that goes to the same circuit.

The previous owner of MY boat wired an LED drain plug light to the pump wire after he removed the water system..
One day on the lake I couldn't get the LED light to turn off.. took FOREVER for me to figure out there is a second switch for the circuit in the bathroom. LOL

I have 2 batteries on the starboard side and one on the port side.. My boat lists port while cruising.. have to drag a tab ALL the time.. A left hand prop makes it list Starboard but it's manageable with a passenger.

Last edited by Boatally Insane; 04-24-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Looks great!
i can't imagine why there is four batteries. Seems excessive to me. Did the previous owner do alot of cruising and overnighting. Personally, I would eliminate two of them. My VR 1, 290 has two, one on each side and located in the corner close to the transom.

Padraig
Old 04-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Allison SS in the background!

Good luck with the new boat!
Old 04-25-2019, 09:04 AM
Registered

The boat has a pretty crazy stereo, subs, amps, ect....I think that was the reason for the 4 batteries. Not really my style but came with the boat, defiantly sounds good! I know i dont need the 4 batteries so im thinking i may eliminate 2 of them and relocate one to the Starboard side of the boat. The boat seems to run nice and flat, but with the freshwater holding tank full and 4 giant batteries she defiantly does not like to come out of the hole with the factory bravo 1 28p. Tabs would be a nice upgrade but i dont think they will be in the budget this year. Anyone have any info on the 2 AUX buttons on the dash?? Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by formulavt
The boat has a pretty crazy stereo, subs, amps, ect....I think that was the reason for the 4 batteries. Not really my style but came with the boat, defiantly sounds good! I know i dont need the 4 batteries so im thinking i may eliminate 2 of them and relocate one to the Starboard side of the boat. The boat seems to run nice and flat, but with the freshwater holding tank full and 4 giant batteries she defiantly does not like to come out of the hole with the factory bravo 1 28p. Tabs would be a nice upgrade but i dont think they will be in the budget this year. Anyone have any info on the 2 AUX buttons on the dash?? Thanks again!
The AUX switches were provided by the factory for owners to use for added electical devices like more lighting, fans, chart plotters, VHF Radio etc There may or may not be any connection to the load side of the switch - take a quick look if convenient.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful boat man, love the colors.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelocity
The AUX switches were provided by the factory for owners to use for added electical devices like more lighting, fans, chart plotters, VHF Radio etc There may or may not be any connection to the load side of the switch - take a quick look if convenient.
Congrats!! Boat looks great!
My VR1 had two batts on the port side. It sat and rode with a slight list to port. Relocated one batt to star side. Cured the list. Revelocity is right on about the aux switches. I wired my JL speaker lights into one aux switch. My aux switches were wired by Velocity with 12v power on the line side of switch.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Registered

Very nice looking set up, I am going to do something similar with my batteries, just trying to decide if i was to eliminate 1 or 2 of them. I was almost thinking of going with 3, 2 port 1 starboard since the freshwater tank is on the starbord side. Wife requires the freshwater to stay on the boat, just need to figure out what is going on with the pump, im sure its shot, however we have been plagued with rain in vermont for the past few weeks with no end in sight so I have not had much time to mess around with the boat. I have been dealing with Bomar on my hatch handle issue, the adjuster is broken\missing and thats a must fix for the wife. Bomar claims they dont have a replacement available for it so I need to figure something out, ill post a few pictures, any ideas or advice would be great!
Old 05-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Registered

A few more looks at the hatch adjuster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.