Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Velocity (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity-40/)
-   -   Early 80's Velocity Fishing Boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/velocity/362159-early-80s-velocity-fishing-boat.html)

UncleBoatMan 08-01-2019 09:47 AM

Early 80's Velocity Fishing Boat

Several years ago I saw a Craigslist ad for a Steve Stepp hull Velocity set up as a fishing boat. It was powered by 2 Johnson outboards (or Evinrudes), cross-flow (pretty sure) and had the "Velocity 100 mph" emblem on it. I think it was a 1980 boat and engines, and I believe it was 30 ft. Clearly I am not a Velocity expert, and I did not have an interest in a fishing boat. I bought a Laveycraft instead.

Now I am interested in getting a fishing boat and this set up haunts me. i can't seem to find any Velocity from the era like it. Does anyone know what this would have been?

Thank you in advance for the help.

speicher lane 08-01-2019 11:30 AM

There are a few 26' bay boats and a few 22' Thoroughbred and a 20' (Center Consoles) on powerboat listings BUT, that site has listings where some boats have changed multiple times and they are still there.

Is it possible that it was a I/O boat that was cut up into a C.C - similar to a few 28' Cigs?

Padraig 08-01-2019 11:54 AM

Can't help with the old one but Velocity was new fishing style boats. www.velocityboays.com

Padraig

UncleBoatMan 08-02-2019 12:52 PM

Thanks. I am definitely looking for the 1980's hull I described and not some other Velocity/Thoroughbred/Wellcraft boat or any other fishing boat. My interest is in being educated about this particular Velocity from the 80's.

This hull would have been made the way it sat. To modify if from another set up would mean to use and modify only the actual hull, setting it up for outboards instead of i/o, and building a new one off deck and all other aspects of the boat. It would be far cheaper to make it from scratch.

Looking for the input of someone who has seen this Velocity set up.

tripps 08-13-2019 08:38 PM

30 fish boat

That was my friends boat it was a 30 Velocity I could not believe it too had a tuna tower on it was sold and being restored was on long Island if u want one like it check craigs list VA I think it there a outboard boat Great boat!,,,,

tripps 08-13-2019 08:49 PM

V

Here is number 443 845 0719 if I did not have one now I would get this is had one wIth 3 mercs

UncleBoatMan 08-14-2019 12:27 PM

Tripps, thank you for the fantastic response. I called the number you gave me and got pictures. It is a true project, but it is the hull I am talking about.

Do you have any pictures of your friend's boat with the tower?

tripps 08-17-2019 08:08 PM

Hull

Don't have any pics the boat u saw w tuna tower was a race deck the one I told u about was Not a race deck I have a 30 Race deck I'm doing now the dash is moved back a ft i think from regular hulls it would be a better fishing boat u could make it with some ski 'll i should make a mold and sell them!!!!

tripps 08-17-2019 08:10 PM

Hull velocity

Don't have any pics the boat u saw w tuna tower was a race deck the one I told u about was Not a race deck I have a 30 Race deck I'm doing now the dash is moved back a ft i think from regular hulls it would be a better fishing boat u could make it with some ski 'll i should make a mold and sell them!!!!

tripps 08-17-2019 08:16 PM

Velocity

By it they all need work this way u can make it the way you want they are very hard to find live with regular deck the ride of hull is what counts,it's all in the pad text me I'll send pics 631 902 4665