Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
New (to me) 22 >

New (to me) 22

Notices

New (to me) 22

Old 05-06-2022, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 37 Posts

What year is your boat? The lines are very nice. I'm currently looking for a 22 and I was thinking 85-90, but i wouldn't have a problem with that year. Very nice.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Donnie D
What year is your boat? The lines are very nice. I'm currently looking for a 22 and I was thinking 85-90, but i wouldn't have a problem with that year. Very nice.

It is a 1997, the first year of Steve owning the company again. If you're not on the Velocity FB page you should join there, always something up for sale. An acquaintance of mine has/had an older 22 for sale with a (I think) 436 small block that would do a little over 110, not sure how fast you're lookin to go lol.
The following users liked this post:
Donnie D (05-06-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 06:29 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. I belong to a couple of Velocity FB pages, but I haven't seen anything for sale like what I'm looking for. Could you post a link to that page please? After reading up on what Regal did with the Velocity I would much rather have one built while Steve was in control of things.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

For the 85 - 90 model years, Steve built all the 85's and many 86's for Regal during the transition. Not sure how to distinguish Steve's 86's but the older style, lack of a cut-out dash for cabin entry may be a viable clue. From your other post, there weren't many older BBC/Bravo boats built. The SBC/Alpha boats were much better balanced than with a heavier BBC. Steve worked with a SBC engine builder (Hercules if memory serves me) to produce his fastest 22's during the Thoroughbred era. When the deck was enlarged in the later 90's, a BBC would at least fit better.
The following users liked this post:
Donnie D (05-06-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 08:22 AM
Registered

I believe before 90 all had Alpha one drives. Some with SS lower units. It's been a long time since I've fooled with any boats. Been doing the classic car thing, but now ready to get back into another boat. It's looking like I should narrow my search for a 22 Velocity from 85-86 and then 97 and later. I'm not a huge fan of the raised decks but Mightyhardlivins 97 sure looks good to me. Thanks for the info.