Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Talk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/vendor-talk-296/)
-   -   Westcoastoffshore.ca OFFLINE? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/vendor-talk/376034-westcoastoffshore-ca-offline.html)

AP700 06-13-2022 04:49 AM

Westcoastoffshore.ca OFFLINE?

Hi,
I have ordered some parts with shipment to germany on 5/16/2022. I sent them emails trying to get a Tracking number to check if the package gets stranded in german customs, but never got a replpy. Today I wanted to check the homepage, but they're offline!
Somebody knows whats going on at westcoastoffshore?

Thanks!
Philipp

Noles1 06-15-2022 09:18 PM

I had the same problem at the beginning of the year with an order through them. I left emails and phone message and received no response. The website wasn’t offline at the time. Fortunately I didn’t get charged, hopefully you didn’t either!

Griff 06-15-2022 10:05 PM

Website works fine for me WestCoastOffshore.ca | High Performance Marine Parts & Accessories

I did send them an email a couple weeks asking if something they had listed on their site was in stock and never got a reply. I only sent the email after trying to call about 5 times in 2 days and it went to a voicemail.

AP700 06-20-2022 02:17 AM

The website is online now.
Didn't get a reply by now.

Tartilla 09-29-2022 04:34 AM

I live in Victoria, where Westcoast is located. Tried calling and emailing...no joy.

I looked up the address, and it's listed in a residential area. Not an issue, as many online shops work on dropshipping etc.

When calling a few times, I did note that the ring numbers were shorter once, before the answering system kicked in. Maybe it was from purging older msgs.

I can't see how they would maintain a phone line, unless it's a voip system. But why ghost the whole system?

It does feel a bit fly by the night, but I was looking forward to a local performance marine company.

A big deal for Canada.

shunter2005 10-01-2022 08:13 AM

Dealt with them in the past. No issues. They drop ship almost everything. Similar to Hardin Marine with many name brand parts.

F14A water jet 07-07-2023 10:29 AM

I am having issues trying to make an order...nothing for over a week?

[email protected] 07-07-2023 04:26 PM

Funny that I just found this post as I was just going through their website and their rebuilt engine options / pricing intrigued me. However now after doing some background on the company I wouldnt be surprised if they are no longer in business. I found where they had responses to an old forum thread back in 2016 and checked to see when he last logged on..... it was back in 2016 lol.

F14A water jet 07-07-2023 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 4872615)
Funny that I just found this post as I was just going through their website and their rebuilt engine options / pricing intrigued me. However now after doing some background on the company I wouldnt be surprised if they are no longer in business. I found where they had responses to an old forum thread back in 2016 and checked to see when he last logged on..... it was back in 2016 lol.

I found a Facebook post on their Facebook page July one of this year but maybe you're right?

shunter2005 07-08-2023 12:16 AM

Don Harrison was the owner back in 2017. Below is his info from a confirmation email he sent.
West Coast Offshore Marine Parts Ltd.
Victoria, BC

Toll Free 888-777-5594
International Phone 250-381-5900
Fax 250-382-8999
Website WestCoastOffshore.ca | High Performance Marine Parts & Accessories
E-mail [email protected]

Here is address info from an invoice in 2017. May have some info you can use.

West Coast Offshore Marine Parts
10141B Bowerbank Road
SIDNEY, BC V8L3K7
CANADA

Can't speak to anything else, but I know he didn't have IMCO parts in stock and had to have them drop shipped from IMCO to your door. Was a nice guy and I had zero issues with him, but just as easy to order direct from the manufacturer. West Coast Offshore price was the same as the manufacturer.