Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/wanted-244/)
-   -   30p bravo labbed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/wanted/349417-30p-bravo-labbed.html)

The Get Away 08-26-2017 07:59 AM

30p bravo labbed

Looking for a pair of labbed 30p bravo props.

ChristianGott 08-28-2017 06:38 PM

I have a pair labbed by bblades. I can send you the numbers, and you can talk to Brett, if you want. Great shape. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

The Get Away 08-28-2017 08:40 PM

How much?

Lake Bound 08-28-2017 09:17 PM

I have a pair that are almost brand new. They are from Mercury racing. I have sold the boat they were for. You can reach me at (847)204-7876

JMS322 08-29-2017 11:49 AM

I am curious. When someone says labbed do they have any idea what they are looking for or for that matter selling. A labbed prop is one that is usually tuned for a specific boat to do specific functions. IE: a prop can be labbed up or down. A 30 pitch prop can be made to turn more RPM or less RPM making it essentially a 29 pitch or a 31 pitch. It can also be adjusted to create bow lift or stern lift. So a prop labbed for one boat may be the complete wrong prop for your boat. JMHO, but I think the term is used very loosely and people don't really know what they're buying or selling.

The Get Away 08-29-2017 12:29 PM

Here's a nice description from Mercury Racing on what they do to their Bravo 1 Labbed Finished props:

Mercury Racing blueprints and hand finishes the tried and true Bravo 1 propeller to give them their lab finished designation. These are balanced, thinned, and sharpened when compared to a stock Bravo 1 and feature a satin finish instead of the factory polish. They are generally faster and more efficient at top speed, but slip more in the midrange due to their thinner blade profile. The main advantage of a Mercury Lab Finished propeller over private modification prop shop finishes are the Mercury Lab propellers are extremely consistent and always provide the same performance results. This especially eases twin engine application propeller selection as Mercury Lab propellers are always matched pairs. hub kit NOT included.

JMS322 08-29-2017 12:44 PM

Mercury considers and calls this a lab finish. Blue printing, thinning blades, balancing and satin finish. Both props are also an exact match. Bblades has told me that LABBING, is to tune the prop to a specific application to get the desired results after discussion with them of a persons prop and performance goals.

The Get Away 08-29-2017 01:29 PM

Thanks.

Lake Bound 08-30-2017 08:31 AM

My labbed 30 were done to what Mercury described above. There were no modifications done for bow lift or stern lift. They were not changed in pitch either. I purchased them for spares brand new and only used them a couple of times. They were on a Baja 30 Outlaw with 496hos. The stock props were blueprinted 28s by BBlades which I have used Brett for years with great success. The labbed 30s would run the same Rpm with a couple of extra Mph. Like brand new. I will call you Get Away I got busy late yesterday.

jeff

The Get Away 09-01-2017 03:08 PM

Bump