Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
New to Arizona/ Best Lake and Storage? >

New to Arizona/ Best Lake and Storage?

Notices

New to Arizona/ Best Lake and Storage?

Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Arizona/ Best Lake and Storage?

I just moved out to Phoenix area for a year for work. I want to bring my Cig Bullet out here. I have been told Lake Pleasant and Roosevelt, but think Havasu may be the best option for good boating and partying.

I am looking for a secure marina that will store and launch for me? Any pointers? Any comments on the lakes?

Regardless I will be at Desert Storm.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered

You lucky Dog! I've been to all three. Havasu will be quite a drive compared to the other two. I was just at Pleasant three months ago skiing with some friends. I think you'll really enjoy that lake. Roosevelt is nice too. Ask someof the locals about the best times to go because I hear they get real busy at times. When I went a few months ago there were quite a few boats out and it wasn't crowded at all. Have fun!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Nice! Like Dukenrock said, Pleasant is a cool lake. Not really that big but definately a party lake. It's been a few years since the last time I was there but it definately left a mark! There's been known to be some serious hardware out there too.

I think you're looking at a 3 hour drive to Havasu from Phoenix. There are places in havasu that do launch retrieval service. Check around online (performance boats.com) and you should be able to find a decent place.

Hope to see you at Desert Storm. What's your Bullet look like?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Registered

Roosevelt can be fun, but you'll have to make your own fun. In my experiance it's more of a mellow lake. I don't think I've ever seen anybody tied up, but I only go there about once a year. It is pretty though. Pleasant is the biggest party scene close to Phoenix, Saguaro can be good too. Obviously Havazoo is great and beautiful, but again... 3 hour drive. Happy boating, hope to see you around.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

i wanna get relocated to AZ for a year, but no luck. If you decide to store it your self, Southcoast storage might work for you at Havasu. Its located right off the main hwy behind Pilot and BurgerKing. I was paying 160mo for a 50x12x14 inclosed stall, lock it yourself. If you want service theres a guy out there that moves rv's and boats around, but dont know about launching. Hope this helps, Jaime s.coast7023268813/ 7024006500
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Thanks all for the info. Yeah I can't wait to get the boat out here. I only have a 1/2 ton so wasnt looking to launch it my self much. I am from STL and drive 3 hours to LOTO so the drive wasnt a big deal. I like to make a whole weekend of it.

Here is a pic.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...neral/Boat.jpg
Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered

You should store your boat where you are boating, it make it easier..
Old 02-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

nice lookin boat, by the way the storage i was talkin about is about 3-4 miles from launch. good luck Jaime
Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

when I was a kid bartlett lake just north of carefree was a sweet spot. how about somewhere south of havasu on the river? make sure you hit the tee pee restaurant at 42nd st and indian school and have a cheese crisp. i sure miss that place. i just go for the car auctions these days.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered

How far are these places from downtown Phoenix? I'm going there for a conference next week but will only be there 4 days. Is it possible to take a cab anywhere on the water to have dinner and watch the boats?

Quick Reply: New to Arizona/ Best Lake and Storage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.