Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Western US/Lake Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/western-us-lake-havasu-221/)
-   -   Lake Powell Poker Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/western-us-lake-havasu/235499-lake-powell-poker-run.html)

wahweap 07-25-2010 11:06 PM

Lake Powell Poker Run?

Anybody aware of this? I was at Antelope Point this past weekend and it appears to be true--a poker run (with boats, on the water--last year it was a road rally of some sort) on beautiful Lake Powell the weekend of Sept. 25.
Check out lakepowellchallenge.com for the details. I don't have anything to do with the promotion or promoter of the event--just spreading the word; Anything with Lake Powell as the back drop should be extraordinary!

F-29 09-07-2010 09:09 PM

lake powel poker run

Ive got a least three boats coming with me.

Run_em_hard 09-08-2010 05:25 AM

This is the first I have ever heard of a Poker Run on Powell. I am sure that it will be a blast. If this hasn't been placed on performanceboats.com, it should be.

JAIME 10-06-2010 07:49 PM

well, did anyone go, how was it? any pics?

wahweap 10-18-2010 09:05 AM

Had a great time, got to hob-knob with many fun people---including some fabulous Fountain cousins!
It was a small event (my only other event is Desert Storm). There was a helicopter and I presume photos/videos will show up somewhere.
Lake Powell is such a beautiful place and now with Antelope Point there is a bonifid "watering hole" (and it is in Arizona--no weird Utahness). Hope they do the "Lake Powell Challenge" again/annually!
P.S. The entire "Powellapolooza" was a pretty good time.

Caluw1 10-18-2010 12:06 PM

I've really got to figure out how to get back to Powell with my boat...didn't have it the first time I went there...Majestic...that's all I can say about that lake...my all time favorite...to bad it's so damn far.

JAIME 10-19-2010 12:10 AM

Antelope Point website loks real nice, maybe we will make it next year. Always hear great things about Powell. Thanks

wahweap 10-31-2010 08:09 AM

Lake Powell

I was told by a very reasonable insider source that there is a "Lake Powell Challenge" in the works for next year. Apparently it won't coincide with "powellapalooza"; there will be an "optional" leg of the run up to near Dangling Rope... if you aren't familiar with Lake Powell, this is an only accessible by boat marina about 45-50 miles up river from the damn. Wow--now that would be absolutely spectacular! Besides being able to run as fast as you could ever possible run (however you don't want to break down-Lake Powell is truly the black hole for performance boat repair; also you really are in the middle of freaking nowhere). Sorry, got a little off topic---the scenery is like no other place on earth. Remeber that weird scene in the (old) Planet of the Apes where Charelston Heston walks up on some barren sand cliffs with blue water at he bottom, that was Lake Powell!---that kind of prestine beauty is around every corner. This is definitely a trip you could talk a reluctant significant other in to coming--they will want to return as often as possible. My source said they would keep me posted so i could continue to spread the word---watch for stuff mid next summer.
P.S. Antelope Point has a terrific bar with great sevice and food. Page, AZ not so much, Go to Havasu if you want to club it. (there's a time and place for everything, I love Havasu too!)

wahweap 02-05-2011 08:16 AM

Lake Powell Challange 2011; Sept. 17, 2011

Bigger and better for 2011; The run will include a leg to Dangling Rope Marina which is 80+ miles round trip. 80+ miles of some of the most extraordinary scenary on the planet (and really fast water). Antelope Point is pulling out all of the stops to make this one of the Colorado Rivers' best runs.
2010 Event was terrific--great helicopter photos, food, live music etc. all with the relaxed Lake Powell atmosphere. There was quite a variety of boats and lots of spectators in 2010--will be bigger and better 2011. Start planning now, it is going to be an epic event!

PokerRun388 02-05-2011 10:57 AM

Sounds like a great place for a poker run...beautiful scenary and lots of open water.......NICE!:drink: