Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Western US/Lake Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/western-us-lake-havasu-221/)
-   -   Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/western-us-lake-havasu/248742-havasu.html)

OL40SVX 03-03-2011 08:34 PM

Havasu

I may have the opportunity to spend a day at Lake Havasu in the next week. Is there anything to do at the lake or in the area during the week say on a wednesday? Any action on the lake?

Thanks,
Dan

STV_Keith 03-03-2011 08:43 PM

During the week, this early in the season, there probably won't be much going on. If your trip was 3 weeks from now, the spring breakers would be tearing it up!

OL40SVX 03-03-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by STV_Keith (Post 3341629)
During the week, this early in the season, there probably won't be much going on. If your trip was 3 weeks from now, the spring breakers would be tearing it up!

I will actually be on spring break hence why I'll be out there. I guess it would actually be in two weeks. My team is training in Pheonix and looking for something to do on our day off and figured Havasu may be a possibility. Seems like a 3hr drive.

thisistank 03-03-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3341634)
I will actually be on spring break hence why I'll be out there. I guess it would actually be in two weeks. My team is training in Pheonix and looking for something to do on our day off and figured Havasu may be a possibility. Seems like a 3hr drive.

Dan, you'll be just on the cusp of the beginning of spring break time. But on a Wed.? It'll be pretty slow. Unless you want to take shop tours of the various builders out there or swing by the various motor shops and see some of the hardware, which I'm sure you've had your fill of.

You may be pleasantly suprised with Pheonix. Hit up the bars in Tempe and if you want to hit the water, Lake Pleasant is a nice little local lake that actually gets pretty crazy on weekends with boats (and girls). But again, Wed.?

What you need to do, is find your way to Desert Storm. Tell your boss you'll hide in his suite case.

OL40SVX 03-03-2011 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3341708)
Dan, you'll be just on the cusp of the beginning of spring break time. But on a Wed.? It'll be pretty slow. Unless you want to take shop tours of the various builders out there or swing by the various motor shops and see some of the hardware, which I'm sure you've had your fill of.

You may be pleasantly suprised with Pheonix. Hit up the bars in Tempe and if you want to hit the water, Lake Pleasant is a nice little local lake that actually gets pretty crazy on weekends with boats (and girls). But again, Wed.?

What you need to do, is find your way to Desert Storm. Tell your boss you'll hide in his suite case.

Thanks Tank! Of course my coach gives us a weekday off!! The purpose is supposed to be "training" but we gotta hit up what the west coast has to offer! I'll look up lake pleasant. Our girls team is going as well and they want to find a beach area and water ie bikini/tanning areas!:D I'd love to get out to desert storm especially this year since we may be going in full force!!

thisistank 03-03-2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3341720)
Thanks Tank! Of course my coach gives us a weekday off!! The purpose is supposed to be "training" but we gotta hit up what the west coast has to offer! I'll look up lake pleasant. Our girls team is going as well and they want to find a beach area and water ie bikini/tanning areas!:D I'd love to get out to desert storm especially this year since we may be going in full force!!

What is the "Team" might I ask? What sport?

Pleasant will be cool for you guys. I think you can rent a pontoon boat and take the teams back to the narrows (called "humbug"). Since it'll be close to spring break (actual spring break in some parts), might not be totally out of the normal to find some people partying back there.

If you're dying to get down and see Havasu then do it but if it's just for one day and a Wed. at that, I'd say skip the 6 hours on the road and hit Lake PLeasant instead.

And for sure talk the boss into bringing you out to Desert Storm....You will NOT be disappointed and I can buy you that beer I keep saying I'll buy you.:drink:

OL40SVX 03-03-2011 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3341736)
What is the "Team" might I ask? What sport?

Pleasant will be cool for you guys. I think you can rent a pontoon boat and take the teams back to the narrows (called "humbug"). Since it'll be close to spring break (actual spring break in some parts), might not be totally out of the normal to find some people partying back there.

If you're dying to get down and see Havasu then do it but if it's just for one day and a Wed. at that, I'd say skip the 6 hours on the road and hit Lake PLeasant instead.

And for sure talk the boss into bringing you out to Desert Storm....You will NOT be disappointed and I can buy you that beer I keep saying I'll buy you.:drink:

Besides performance boat I've been playing Tennis my whole life. Therefor I have never been on a actual "typical" spring break as were always training. My freshmen year we were in your neck of the woods and went to Malibu. That was nice!! I'd love to see Havasu but its prob not worth the hike. What else is there out in this area to see or do? Wed, may or may not be the day but it will be during the week thats for sure. With regards to desert storm I can go if I want to, its the rents and professors that will kill me especially since I just skipped a week of classes for Miami!!:D:D

thisistank 03-03-2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3341740)
Besides performance boat I've been playing Tennis my whole life. Therefor I have never been on a actual "typical" spring break as were always training. My freshmen year we were in your neck of the woods and went to Malibu. That was nice!! I'd love to see Havasu but its prob not worth the hike. What else is there out in this area to see or do? Wed, may or may not be the day but it will be during the week thats for sure. With regards to desert storm I can go if I want to, its the rents and professors that will kill me especially since I just skipped a week of classes for Miami!!:D:D

Ahhh, Tennis - Good sport/game. Daughter played high school varsity for a couple years, wife plays too.

Phoenix, see and do? Well, the only times I've been out there was during the summer so we boated on pleasant during the day and went to Tempe to party like rock stars at night. Other than that, I don't know. But it's a big city with lots to do, I'm sure.

I understand about DS. It's commendable you're commited to your schooling and to your parents. World would be a better place if more people were.