Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Any activities in the Pacific Northwest? >

Any activities in the Pacific Northwest?

Notices

Any activities in the Pacific Northwest?

Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any activities in the Pacific Northwest?

Just curious as to how many performance boaters there are in my neck-of-the-woods? We live on Fox Island in the Puget Sound area about 30 miles south of Seattle. My wife and I were wondering if there were any clubs or groups that had organized activities.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. There is a small site. NWOffshore.com. There are a lot APBA outboard class racing here. There are some nice offshore boats in the Seattle area.

I live in Eastern Wa. and have 25' Motion.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was just curious if there was a group that got together for some runs or social gatherings. All boaters in the area are very friendly it's just a little hard to explain to "regular" boaters that you have a boat that cruises 10-20 m.p.h. beyond their top speeds... They kind of give you that puzzling "Why?" look.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Registered

There are a few of us north of you......

We have a couple of Poker Runs over the summer, Sidney, Lake Cowichan, Harrison Hotsprings.......plus there are almost always some of us on the waters throughout the Gulf Islands........I realize it is a little distance to travel, but well worth it.....

http://vipr.ca/

http://islandoffshore.ca/

http://www.harrisonlakepokerrun.com/

Last edited by FogduckerIII; 02-29-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
I was just curious if there was a group that got together for some runs or social gatherings. All boaters in the area are very friendly it's just a little hard to explain to "regular" boaters that you have a boat that cruises 10-20 m.p.h. beyond their top speeds... They kind of give you that puzzling "Why?" look.
It was mentioned above--log into NWOffshore.com. There are always gatherings in Lake Washington, Bremerton, poker runs in Lake Chelan (highly recommended) etc...Its a very active forum from March thru November. The first real "tie up" of the year is usually the opening day of boating which is the first weekend in May but people go out anytime the temp hits 60.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

I live in Kirkland and just picked up a 22' Powerquest. Juanita bay on Lake WA holds alot of "go Fast" type boats on the weekends. Also Chelan also has tons of boats that gets together on weekends. You can usally find them in the canal in Chelan tied up together.