Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Western US/Lake Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/western-us-lake-havasu-221/)
-   -   Indoor Storage at Havasu? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/western-us-lake-havasu/304263-indoor-storage-havasu.html)

justinp20012500 10-16-2013 09:44 AM

Indoor Storage at Havasu?

Can anyone recommend a facility? How about which ones to stay away from?

Will be heading down there first part of November and want to leave the Baja there for some winter action! :D

Thank you,

Justin

boatcrzy 10-16-2013 09:38 PM

Cambell storage Great guy 928-855-3901

MEANGREEN231 10-17-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by justinp20012500 (Post 4012768)

Will be heading down there first part of November and want to leave the Baja there for some winter action! :D

Thank you,

Justin

Cambell storage. Just FYI, they are dropping the lake pretty low for 8 weeks in December to work on the Parker Dam. Depending on how low they go and the length of your boat, launching could prove to be impossible even at windsor.

justinp20012500 10-17-2013 09:57 AM

Thanks guys, I have submitted an inquiry.

Thank you for the heads up on the lake level. I know how construction goes, if they say 8 weeks, probably should plan on at least 12 weeks. That pretty much kills winter! Might have to look at Mead...

Groper 10-19-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by boatcrzy (Post 4013052)
Cambell storage Great guy 928-855-3901

I think It's now called London Bridge Storage, I have (2) Boats there, it's safe. And FULL as of last week !!
I also have a Unit at Lakeside Storage across from LBS, It's a newer facility with 13' door hight, call Doug @928-505-5505, they should have a few empty' s.

sleek1 11-08-2013 12:35 AM

The Islander storage units

rev.ronnie 04-18-2014 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by justinp20012500 (Post 4012768)

Thank you,

Justin

I'm doing the same thing with one of my Hydrostreams. I have a friend who is just a few miles from a launch. I want to find a permanent storage space so we can go down a few long weekends in the winter.

Did you find anything or have any good insights?

justinp20012500 04-26-2014 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by rev.ronnie (Post 4108470)
I'm doing the same thing with one of my Hydrostreams. I have a friend who is just a few miles from a launch. I want to find a permanent storage space so we can go down a few long weekends in the winter.

Did you find anything or have any good insights?

I did not pursue it any further when I found out they were lowering the level at Havasu to work on Parker dam. I will probably start searching again come August this year.

Groper 05-12-2014 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by justinp20012500 (Post 4112624)
I did not pursue it any further when I found out they were lowering the level at Havasu to work on Parker dam. I will probably start searching again come August this year.

After storing at London Bridge Storage, I found my Boat to be completely covered with dirt & spiders (yes I know its the desert) the units have several open areas in the ceilings and is not sealed very well and are about 30-40 years older, that's the problem as well as the 8' door height.

I found Lakeside Storage Units to completely spotless along with my Boat, It looked like the day I put it in storage.

Both Boats were stored at the same time last fall and endured the same weather conditions, just saving from a day of cleaning.:D

WTDecker 10-05-2014 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by justinp20012500 (Post 4112624)

Sorry I missed this post last fall. You missed a great winter season boating at Havasu. Yeah they lowered the Lake but it was no problem launching boat at Windsor, just had to trim up a little. We had a lot more beaches around the Lake during the work on the Dam. Ran up river with no problems either. They were done just like they said in 8 weeks. It is not unusual for the Lake to be drop during the winter for work on ramps, walls, etc. but don't let that scare you off, people who don't live here year round think they know what's going on with the water but don't have a clue.