Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 01-25-2023, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 711 Likes on 261 Posts

Hey Tank, (or anyone who knows Catalina). What are the normal weather conditions for the Newport area out to Catalina in early March? My youngest son (15) has been invited to travel with a buddy from his rowing crew and his family out to LA and sail to Catalina over spring break. We know the family and they have connections there as they previously lived up in Santa Cruz. I’m good with the trip but would like to know what weather conditions typically prevail that time of year.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Hey Tank, (or anyone who knows Catalina). What are the normal weather conditions for the Newport area out to Catalina in early March? My youngest son (15) has been invited to travel with a buddy from his rowing crew and his family out to LA and sail to Catalina over spring break. We know the family and they have connections there as they previously lived up in Santa Cruz. I’m good with the trip but would like to know what weather conditions typically prevail that time of year.
March is hit and miss. Can be windy and cold or can be calm and decent. But I'm sure the people he's sailing with know the weather patten and water well. You leave in the AM and it will nine times out of ten be calm water. It's the afternoons usually the winds kick up. It'll be cool though for sure so pack warm(ish). jacket, sweatshirt, etc. Nothing like Idaho cold but you know, high 40's to 50's at night, 60's during the day is the usual.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:23 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. They have a few back up plans if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
BTY l have a few “extra” kids coming up the week of the fun run so I rented one of those floating houses in Bayview. Will see how it goes with the boat noise. I’m guessing they’re going to love it .😍
Old 01-29-2023, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Thanks for the info. They have a few back up plans if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
BTY l have a few “extra” kids coming up the week of the fun run so I rented one of those floating houses in Bayview. Will see how it goes with the boat noise. I’m guessing they’re going to love it .😍
be interested to hear how it goes and those houses. My schedule is all messed up this year and it doesn’t look like I’ll be free in July to make the run but may be able to get up there in august. I’d like to drag the boat up. Take 10 days or so to get up, stay and get back. We’ll see.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
My floor is heated concrete too. Never had this so I'm looking forward to the change and unique look. Your place looks great, and the floor is very nice.

Going back out there Tuesday, plan to see the lift dealer. Surprising how normal things are all winter. I guess coming from FL I assumed things slowed way down in the winter but my concrete guy said he pours year round. Neighbors house, like yours, has been steady progress all winter.

What boat(s) are you bringing up this summer?

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 02-05-2023 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:10 AM
Registered

Cool rock quarry in Montana just past Clark Fork.
The guys name is Paul Overman, I asked him how he ended up here. He said he was a high school dropout/runaway from Tennessee heading for Alaska but ran out of $$ in Clark Fork.lol
He owns two quarries on the Clark Fork river and moves a $hit ton of rock, semi’s lined up getting loaded the two mornings I was there. He has a thing for old cars/trucks but doesn’t do anything with them, just stacks em up along the entrance.

The following users liked this post:
thisistank (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

That is some nice rock!
Old 02-16-2023, 07:46 PM
Registered

The following 2 users liked this post by Hoodoo 2.0:
87MirageIntruder (02-17-2023), mutt2jeff (05-06-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 08:05 AM
Registered

Ughhhhh

Got a text from out west. Looks like winter came back, was pretty nice in early February. Even the ducks left this time.

thisistank (03-05-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
March is hit and miss. Can be windy and cold or can be calm and decent. But I'm sure the people he's sailing with know the weather patten and water well. You leave in the AM and it will nine times out of ten be calm water. It's the afternoons usually the winds kick up. It'll be cool though for sure so pack warm(ish). jacket, sweatshirt, etc. Nothing like Idaho cold but you know, high 40's to 50's at night, 60's during the day is the usual.
Boys leaving San Pedro yesterday afternoon after flight from FL to LA and a stop at the supermarket for provisions. Looks like yesterday afternoon was nice, not sure about today. I don’t think I even knew there was a spring break at 15. I don’t remember anything other than Easter.

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 03-10-2023 at 10:39 AM.
cheech (03-10-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.