30' Activator Super V Light / Poker Run Edition >

30' Activator Super V Light / Poker Run Edition

Notices

30' Activator Super V Light / Poker Run Edition

Old 12-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Hey Eddie here is a link to that build. It is a good read!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/o...race-boat.html
Thank you for sharing . Thats a very pretty boat .Where is it today ?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Frank; I thought Outerlimits built a new SVL a few years ago also ?,,,,,

With all these new factory SVL over the past few years,,, some of the older boats may be "slowly retired" ,,,,or become "vintage/classic"

This is appears to be a wonderful new technology, in very experienced hands, the outcome should be amazing.
Correct I also forgot to mention the new Bandit boat in Miami.
I agree I think we will see more and more of the new technology out there, and the older boats will slow disappear. The the newest technology will raise the bar, speed and handling wise.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 12-28-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys - here is the full build of the 30 Rage/Activator Outboard. Its on another site so you may have to join to see the pics(its free).

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthr...highlight=rage
Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many classes have come and gone because of a few New boats being introduced and running away without being in paridy with the rest of the class. While new boats and teams are a great addition I think there can be a way to keep the old boats up and running with them withour forcing them into a "retired" class?
Old 12-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Registered

Unfortunately tIme doesn't stop and technology moves on and that hold true in all sports. The technology also reflects in safety also, it truly believe there are boats racing today that shouldn't be. With better technology come more efficiency and with that comes greater speeds so safety becomes paramount.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Many classes have come and gone because of a few New boats being introduced and running away without being in paridy with the rest of the class. While new boats and teams are a great addition I think there can be a way to keep the old boats up and running with them without forcing them into a "retired" class?
Go Fast I'll use an apples to apples example. when you acquired your boat, it did not have a motor or drive.. the very same motor and drive that were utilized in your boat were then installed into the white fountain. With me being in both boats, the fountain ran ballpark 7 mph faster than your boat with the very same prop as well. What do you propose as far as parity? That question being asked, its probably best that you call me or private message me as I dont want to detract from this thread and the point of it showcasing the build of eddie's new boat

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 12-28-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the better safety , Looking forward to watchimg the build and testing. Trent is correct this is about the build
Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eddie & Onboardcam,

You are going with the SCX drive what is A very good drive from what I Heard. But that drive will most likely cost some more hp than the Bravo?

Why I ask is that I have pretty much the same plans for the 28CPR cockpit boat we now have in build. Setup for 1000hp for Shootouts/Poker Runs and then A 430hp setup for our national race class. I have had the SCX-drive as my first choice - but with the "race" ( ) motor it will be Little tough with hp loss.... Of course I can use A Bravo drive for the racing but will be some more work with the motor swap then.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by edelectra
Thank you for sharing . Thats a very pretty boat .Where is it today ?
I THOUGHT Randy/Typhoon was still running that boat a couple of years ago, but I could be wrong. He will probably chime in and let us know for sure.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange
Eddie & Onboardcam,

You are going with the SCX drive what is A very good drive from what I Heard. But that drive will most likely cost some more hp than the Bravo?

Why I ask is that I have pretty much the same plans for the 28CPR cockpit boat we now have in build. Setup for 1000hp for Shootouts/Poker Runs and then A 430hp setup for our national race class. I have had the SCX-drive as my first choice - but with the "race" ( ) motor it will be Little tough with hp loss.... Of course I can use A Bravo drive for the racing but will be some more work with the motor swap then.
Yes the scx upper does take a lil more power to turn . The scx lower does not work well so we use sc lower . But with hi HP you will go thru lower gear sets 30 to 50 hrs depends on how hard you run boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.