Notices

On The Heat

Old 12-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: On The Heat

I hear you guys.....I really do. The Donzi is my last choice of the 3. You can pick a new one up with 496 HO's for around the same price as a 33 AT with the same engines. The only reason Donzi was in consideration is that they are a production boat and have a few years in the making, which makes some lightly used (and therefore, within my budget) ones available. However, I haven't seen one and am sure that once I did, I would decide against it due to the limited freeboard and smaller cabin. It's sad that I have to go about it this way however, this is the problem when working with a budget.

There is no question that the 33 AT gives me everything I want in my next boat. It won't be long before I need to start asking myself some tough questions . At least I know I have a new found support group to fall back on

To be honest, I am mostly afraid to go with AT as i will have a really tough time getting Pat to come up with a paint job that looks to different from Activeshacks....man, I love that!!!!

Last edited by Ca$hed Out; 12-16-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
I ran with a 38zr w/525's turning Herring 5 blade wheels this summer. He was boasting a top speed of 92mph. I was still breaking in the motors back then, so we didn't tach much over 4500.

It's hard to compare a production boat to a custom built, but I'd give Donzi some high marks for the fit and finish on the 38 I saw. Still, it didn't compare to the AT in many aspects; cabin size, cockpit size, freeboard and over all style. Our cockpit was as roomy as theirs and we're 5 feet shorter in overall length.

We still need to play with prop size and pitch to see what we actually top out at.
I am going down Monday and Tuesday to play with some wheels on my 37. I will let you know what I find out. I hear the maximus are awesome at cruise and will keep within 1 mph at top when labbed.

Last edited by crb76; 12-17-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by crb76
I am going down Monday and Tuesday to play with some wheels on my 37. I will let you know what I find out. I hear the maximus are awesome at cruise and will keep within 1 mph at top when labbed.
Clark beware of them.They love xr drives.I have a set of 30's that are cut down if you want to try them.I gained 6 mph at 3500 rpms.Let me know.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm jealous!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im anxious to hear your results. The mid range gains i got on my Fountain with the maximus props were well worth the 1 maybe 2mph drop on top end. Very noticeable fuel savings with the increased midrange.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Clark beware of them.They love xr drives.I have a set of 30's that are cut down if you want to try them.I gained 6 mph at 3500 rpms.Let me know.
Rich,

Where are the props? I would like to try them. I have some 28's comming down. With regard to loving XR's, you have to have reasonable slip. 10-12% is what I am looking for. I am getting way more than that with the bravos.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Im anxious to hear your results. The mid range gains i got on my Fountain with the maximus props were well worth the 1 maybe 2mph drop on top end. Very noticeable fuel savings with the increased midrange.

I am looking for mid-range since I spend most of my boating time between 3000-4000 RPM. How did your bravo XR's hold up?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:58 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

They are here in va.I could over night them monday morning if you want or i'll bring them down for the run jan 20.I'm not sure what my slip was before the whipples.I lost a couple rpms and speed but cruise was great.I think i was running 80 at 5100 prms with the 5 blades before they where cut down.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:59 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Hit the chat room i'll tell you more.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rich,

I am on Xmas shopping duty. Call me on my cell to chat.

713-540-0171

Clark

Quick Reply: On The Heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.