Notices

Demo Run

Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,347 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Those are for the passengers benefit and to keep them from asking so many STUPID DAMN questions.
and those sticks things are for the passengers cap to hang on and not blow off.

I like the room the dash layout has for a large GPS.

BTW

Any pictures of the boat with staggered motors? How does it run?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe yall can shed a little light on this for me. I love the big dash for electronics and gauges but dont know if i like the steering wheel not being center the driver seat. I understand that it fits your left hand better. But what about when you have both hands on the wheel. You dont always have your hands on the throttles.

I am going to be down there thursday so i am going to find out how comfortable it is.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffC
Maybe yall can shed a little light on this for me. I love the big dash for electronics and gauges but dont know if i like the steering wheel not being center the driver seat. I understand that it fits your left hand better. But what about when you have both hands on the wheel. You dont always have your hands on the throttles.

I am going to be down there thursday so i am going to find out how comfortable it is.
It's actually very comfortable. But then again, we are used to it. The advantage is you get to use your shoulder's ball & socket joint providing more leverage than your canted/bent elbow if the wheel is straight out in front of you.

Hold your left arm straight out in front of you, make a fist and rotate your fist side to side. Your shoulder does the movement.

Now, hold your left arm straight out & cant your left elbow about 15* to the right and make the same movement with your fist. Notice how you are now using all three joints, the shoulder, the elbow, and the wrist. Move movement and more work equals more fatigue. Notice how your elbow feels heavy after a few seconds?

It's not a big deal. If you want it moved over, we can do that. You just don't want it too close to the throttle pod. The tilt wheel is also a nice feature to add. The picture of Remedy's wheel is a really strong angle and does not appear accurate. Check out the rest of the pics of the boats here in the OSO classifieds.

I know we all know how to drive here, but I'll add this as well:
Rarely do I take my right hand off the throttle. Even in smooth water straight cruising--just like a motorcycle... you don't have brakes and your throttle will often get you through an evasive maneuver as much or more so than steering input/adjustment. Additionally, if you DO have to make an extreme/sudden evasive steering maneuver you will more than likely need to adjust the throttle as well. In that n-fraction of a second it takes you to find the throttle again, you could be in big trouble; especially in the case of a catastrophic drive failure.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-22-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with Sydwayz. Never do I take my hand off the throttle, especially in Long Island Sound!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where else, but the AT forum, could you get a lesson in physiology???
Old 09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

In about 20 minutes I'm going practice lifting a 12 ounce bottle with my arm straight out and then I'm going open another and move it to the right about 8", drink that one to see if it gets easier or fatigues me to the point of going home to my wife.....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
In about 20 minutes I'm going practice lifting a 12 ounce bottle with my arm straight out and then I'm going open another and move it to the right about 8", drink that one to see if it gets easier or fatigues me to the point of going home to my wife.....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Tuesday Booze...I like it!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

We started an hour ago..raining...5'oclock somewhere.

my answers will only get better
Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Aren't you an hour behind me??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.