Notices

New pics

Old 11-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The changes look great Bones! We've made hundreds of changes since 2003/2004 though.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian...I'm guessing you guys have resisted making the really big changes that I've mentioned previously and some I haven't. I understand mold changes in an economy like we've been facing are not likely.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

We've made several mold changes as well. But no anchor lockers in ATs!! They make great projectiles, especially when you get past the Baja breakwater and into AT water!

I suggest a Box Anchor and keep it in a duffle bag under the back seat or wherever like many of us do. Either that, or arrive about 10 minutes later after a buddy sets anchor first. Once you use a Box Anchor, you won't go back to any other kind anyhow--I guarantee it.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered

I like a guy with a good sense of humor! I'll send you a pic of a properly designed anchor locker that even a Cig couldn't turn into a projectile! While you were making mold changes did you move the foot rests to some place that somebody other than Wee Man can actually use? And a sliding cabin door with integral steps to climb to the deck would be a game changer! And finally, flipping the channel in the front deck would retain structural integrity of deck, gain 3 inches of headroom in cabin and eliminate duck pond behind rear hatch after rain/washing.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Dash is totally different. Footrest is totally different. Sliding doors have been done for years.

Proper way to access the bow is go up the backseat and up the walk rail. Send a passenger up there anyway, no free lunch.

The channel is not getting flipped. It's designed for headroom when sitting on the couch, not standing in the middle. Besides, everyone already thinks the AT deck derived from a Sonic that had a little too much vacuum bagging. (Totally false by the way.).

Pat's Pond is by design anyhow. You don't need a bucket when washing the deck. Squirt a little soap in there when spraying down the deck, and swab your brush in the pond. (Try it, works like a charm.)
Old 11-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Pats pond is just screaming for some Koi and a fountain!
I'll be counting on seeing all the updates in Miami!
Most of my riders are too top heavy to go up the walk around and that for the record...is a good thing ;-)
Old 11-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Pat's Pond is by design anyhow. You don't need a bucket when washing the deck. Squirt a little soap in there when spraying down the deck, and swab your brush in the pond. (Try it, works like a charm.)
wish i would've thought of that years ago
Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
LMFAO!

Screw the anchor locker. That is nothing but a problem waiting to happen!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I was thinking of getting rid of my gauges since I'm replacing all of them anyways. What kind of gps do you have to use???
I would recommend you keep, at the very least, O/P, fuel and H2O temp. If your GPS goes down you have nothing. You could also entertain a vessel-view which reads everything. Navigating thru the featherbeds in the Keys and flipping the screen back and forth to look at gauges is hard on the drives....
Attached Thumbnails New pics-37-running-017.jpg  

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 11-26-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I would recommend you keep, at the very least, O/P, fuel and H2O temp. If your GPS goes down you have nothing. You could also entertain a vessel-view which reads everything. Navigating thru the featherbeds in the Keys and flipping the screen back and forth to look at gauges is hard on the drives....
+ H2O Pressure, one of the most important gauges you can have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.