Notices

New pics

Old 11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash changes to AT

Thanks for the positive feedback and hopefully no disrespect to AT as I LOVE the boat. I guess if you relate it to a kitchen these days....if you don't have slate and stainless appliances it's considered outdated so I took the plunge. Now if only I can get the stones to cut in an anchor locker out front. Next steps are to upgrade cleats to 8 inch pop ups with blind fasteners for a clean look, extra line capacity. Alread installed 3/8 in. quick release pin cleats up high for ease of fender hanging.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Are able to run your gauges through the gps??? I was thinking of going that route but didn't know where to start.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Default Virtual Gauges thru GPs

Yes 302. You need the Merc Monitor to decode the smartcraft code and convert it to NEMA 2000 language. The NEMA 2000 input goes in thru the GPS antenna coax connection. Once it's in the GPS you just select the correct display screen and it displays virtual gauges that you can set high and low limits that trigger alarms in the event you're outside those selected limits. figure $1000 for the Merc Monitor and a couple hundred for the cables, junction, terminators. Nice part is you get a second opinion for all of your mechanical gauges PLUS you can display pretty much the same stuff as the hand held Merc Code reader except for the being able to do some of the diagnostic tests that the hand held can perform.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

I was thinking of getting rid of my gauges since I'm replacing all of them anyways. What kind of gps do you have to use???
Old 11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

Default GPS type

I know the Garmins (not all though) will decode the NEMA 2000 and they have the built in function to display info but there may be others too. The unit you see is the 740S but the 740 (no sonar) will work too. There's larger ones in the same series but I don't know too many go-fasts that would require larger display
Old 11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

Hmmmm....I like that idea and essentially I could do away with all of the gauges correct?? I also like how you put all of the trim in the throttle
Old 11-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Default Dash mods

302 ... I figured the trim/tab controls in the throttle cleaned up the dash and i never liked letting go of the throttles to tinker with sync'ing drives because of only having single trim switch on throttle. It wasn't that much of an adder in the cost of the new controls (see Bill Naumann) at Diamond Performance. It actually simplifies wiring behind the helm cause you don't need the diode packs to eliminate feedback through switches either on dash or throttles anymore. I'm really hoping Pat let's me design the next evolution of 37 ATs as I have lots of great ideas the make the boat even more well rounded as an already great performance boat.

Like who wouldn't want the sliding cabin door like on a 39 TG for great looks and sweet access to the deck, or an anchor locker to make setting/retrieval of an anchor a breeze (my 30 Outlaw has the perfect setup!!!!!!!!!) Or rotating the head in the head locker 90 degress to give virtually unlimted leg room on the commode.
How about back lighting the labels on the switches/breakers so you can see what it is you flipping before ya flip it!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Default Night shots of cabin and cockpit/dash with LEDs on

added some shots to the album showing how wicked the blue LEDs make the interior POP!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1159749.../ActiveThunder
Old 11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
Thanks for the positive feedback and hopefully no disrespect to AT as I LOVE the boat.
I'm sure no disrespect was taken. You are making the boat yours with all the upgrades. I made a bunch of small upgrades to my Tantrum and at one of the Jammin on the James poker runs I came down the dock and saw the Cult leader and Jay looking at my work. Pat complimented me on it and how clean we keep it.

Bones you are doing it up right! Mind if I steal a few of the ideas?
Old 11-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

Addiction...copy away! The greatest form of flattery is when somebpdy copies ya! Tell'm ya got the idea from bones!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.