Bilge pump in the step...

Notices

Bilge pump in the step...

Old 07-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Turn on the switch at the galley panel that says "water pump". Dump some water in the shower and let me know how it goes.
Ok, I need to educate myself on this too! Does the bilge pump have it's own thru hull out the side of the boat? I've never gotten any water in there that I know of, I guess you'ld have to run the air for more than 10 minutes to collect anything from the condensate. So the switch in the galley for the pressurized water system also activates the bilge, correcto?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Turn on the switch at the galley panel that says "water pump". Dump some water in the shower and let me know how it goes.
You are assuming the fresh water tank is fresh though. Come on Pat. You usually think of all possible scenarios!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Ok, I need to educate myself on this too! Does the bilge pump have it's own thru hull out the side of the boat? I've never gotten any water in there that I know of, I guess you'ld have to run the air for more than 10 minutes to collect anything from the condensate. So the switch in the galley for the pressurized water system also activates the bilge, correcto?
Sort of correcto.

Yes, the bilge pump has it's own through hull. You normally can't T-these lines without some one-way valves in the mix. You don't want your bilge water shooting out of the sink drain like a slum-lord's apartment complex.

Your water pump switch will not turn on unless the Cabin Power switch is turned on.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-28-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

There is an automatic rule pump in there that cycles. If it detects water it pumps. The shower drains into the bilge. The bilge hose goes to a thru hull on the port side. There is no real reason for it to come on unless you run the shower. However since it is automatic it cycles and makes a noise. People sleeping on the boat complain they can hear the 'click' so we wired it to the water pump to be able to shut it off.

They don't go bad but since you don't see water coming out of it or hear it running all the time you assume it is bad.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys!
Old 07-29-2014, 04:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there one on the 33?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by REMEDY
Is there one on the 33?
There should be.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you get to the transducer for the depth gauge in a non liner 37 boat? I dont see any access panel anywhere and was wondering if the steps going down into the cabin would need to be removed to get to that area?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jluloff
How do you get to the transducer for the depth gauge in a non liner 37 boat? I dont see any access panel anywhere and was wondering if the steps going down into the cabin would need to be removed to get to that area?
IIRC, your boat has Corian steps doesn't it John? I believe the top step would have to be pulled up.

Or, do you have an access panel in the head that faces the entry steps? A few boats had these.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pump and transducer were both under the drain in the head/shower floor. Peel the floor pack where the drain is and there was an access hole there. I had to replace my bilge pump in there after 4 yrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.