Hey Pat!  What's the Story? >

Hey Pat! What's the Story?

Notices

Hey Pat! What's the Story?

Old 05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Pat! What's the Story?

What's the story behind this boat? I heard that it may have been your demo boat. Was just trying to find out some history. the boat is for sale and looks to be a pretty good deal. You can PM me or call me if you know something. All help is appreciated. Keep up the good work! Those A/T's are amazing!

[email protected] or Cell: 985-373-0134
Thanks,
Ty
Attached Thumbnails Hey Pat!  What's the Story?-cc.jpg  
Old 05-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That was actually one of 4 center consoles we built. Probably the nicest. As you may know we have a fairly successful BMW collision center to boot and the couple that built that boat are fanatics that do some of our hand-painted stripes. They also own a bunch of collector Vettes that would blow you away.

If the boat is as nice now as it was the last time I saw it, buy it.

It should run 65+ and is really a dry boat. The only down side is that Arch and top make for an interesting ride at that speed. Come off a 4' at that speed and it is a giant sail. THe boat is on our video and if you would like one, e-mail us or call. Thanks for the interest. Pat.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Pat. The boat looks really good from all of the pics that I have seen. Why did you guys sell the mold? Is there a problem that I should be aware of? I talked with the owner and he says it runs about 60. I was thinking of maybe ditching those little 225's for a pair of 300's. I think that should make it run! I watched the video again, probably the 20th time, and saw the boat. Looks like she likes the rough stuff. I am thinking of going to see it this month. I just wish I could find a buyer for my Powerquest. Keep up the good work at AT. Your boats are definately on the top of my short list.
Thanks,
Ty

Oh yeah, nice bolsters!
Attached Thumbnails Hey Pat!  What's the Story?-bolsters-2.jpg  
Old 05-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

We didn't sell the molds because of any problems. We just realized that our focus should be on what we do best. Center Consoles just weren't happening for us.

The molds were actually built by Bob Catino who was one of the founders of Marlin. I watched him build them and then without much luck in marketing on his part, purchased them. Tried my hand at the table and lost. Basically because I hate fish.

So don't be concerned. It runs well. The speed seems low, though. My demo had twin 200s and ran 65 gps. Maybe somebody decided they were prop wizards.

The guy that bought the molds stiffed me for some coin. I would not recommend looking at a new one under a different name.

However, keep in mind that if you buy the used one it was still built by us and if you call we won't hang up on you. Go look at it and let me know what you see. Pat.