Tired of crap-aches!!

Notices

Tired of crap-aches!!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:34 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maui9
All things considered, I suppose I'd prefer a 41, although 45's and 47's are OK too.

My banker suggests I try to stay under $150, but for thr right boat, we can beat a few more pennies out of him.
Well get the 45 and don't worry about the wife she will get over it! 2nd choice look at Wes Smiths 41. Third choice this one http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16407-en.html

4th choice stop dreaming of a perfect Apache for 150 or less
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This would be my choice...

David
Attached Thumbnails Tired of crap-aches!!-41-apache-kageman-profile-shot.jpg  
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Maui9

I would prefer you make comments about boats you see in person not necesarily pictures as there is sometimes distortion. There are no major cracks and believe it or not even Apaches have super ficial not strcutural stress cracks from time to time. Remeber, this is a UN-MOLESTED 18 year old "performance" boat.

The boat ia have is a VERY clean, VERY nice, UN-MOLESTED freshwater Apache.

I sold the 41 Kageman and know alot about the boat. The boat belonged to my brother in law before I sold it.

At 99K the boat is a great deal. The motors were 40K alone and are new with exception of a few dressings, NOT rebuilds.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

847-336-9037

www.chicagofountain.com
Attached Thumbnails Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-037.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-032.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-041.jpg  

Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Default A Few More Pics

A fee more pics
Attached Thumbnails Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-038.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-045.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-048.jpg  

Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Default A couple more

A couple more
Attached Thumbnails Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-031.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-035.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-merritt-photos-055.jpg  

Old 10-31-2007, 11:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The issues on Apache ownership are pretty much true. It's a boat for a hard-core powerboater who likes to go out when the water is coming over the breakwall. If I wanted a 40' bass boat, I'd own a Fountain. The Apache takes alot more power. Going 80 in a new Topgun is a piece of cake- bravos and motors that run on 89 octane. 80 in a 41 takes some balls and 3's just aren't going to live a long and happy life with the 850hp that it takes to move that fast- not to mention that the 3's are obsolete and parts are drying up.

If you are seriously looking at a full-pleasure Apache, Kageman is about as nice as you're going to get. You couldn't build it for the price you could buy it for- not even close. If you buy a really nice #3 boat, toss a couple grand a month into a coffee can. You'll either need it to fix the drives or if you can hold out, you can do a #6 upgrade. Either way, it will cost you way more than buying a #6 boat right from the start.

As far as the Shogren boat- if you could buy it a little more "right" you could have a #6 conversion done, paint it exactly how you liked and have $$ left over to have the cockpit redone, all staying in your $150K range. Then you'd have exactly what you wanted. I don't know what you saw on the boat or how you saw it and that's not important. I'll tell you this- Apaches are so over-built it's not funny. There's a good reason they're called "resin buckets". The only one's I've ever seen damaged were the result of traileing incidents. There are some upsides to a project so I wouldn't completely dismiss it.

Let me put it this way- If I could bail from my current 41 project without getting hurt too bad (not conceivable) Kageman wouldn't be for sale.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 10-31-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
The "Chief" just sold and to me that was one of the best bargains around plus it was a pleasure version 41' (I was kicking myself that I couldn't get it).
We did get her for a bargin as far as we're concerned....well below her asking price but would have been worth every penny of her asking price! That's called being in the right place at the right time thankfully.

By the way.....like the avatar baywatch!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Not to bust bubbles and hope you get what you want but that's a tough price range for an Apache- aquiring the boat is the inexpensive part of owning a 20 year old wave crusher...

Big truck needed, big power needed, big drives needed, big ramp needed, big rack needed, big fuel budget and on and on and on.

I know you need some of those things for other big wave crushers but seems to be in the Apache club you need more loot laying around than others- not saying it is not worth it, just saying it is costly...
Ditto Wes.

We don't pull cross country so we can pull just fine with our 3/4 ton GMC diesel and have no problems. Never had an issue with any ramp as of yet. We have ours on a lift. Not going to get away with Bravo drives for certain, but our 3A's work very well. Fuel? Well, you got us on that one....but we'll pay for the extra fuel it takes for the ride and the water this boat can handle any day!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
Ditto Wes.

We don't pull cross country so we can pull just fine with our 3/4 ton GMC diesel and have no problems. Never had an issue with any ramp as of yet. We have ours on a lift. Not going to get away with Bravo drives for certain, but our 3A's work very well. Fuel? Well, you got us on that one....but we'll pay for the extra fuel it takes for the ride and the water this boat can handle any day!

From my experience, a lot of the boats that seem to need tons of money spent on them may not have been kept up in the first place...that's just my opinion. Every boat breaks and all of these boats are expensive to fix. A 1000 HP motor in an Apache is no more expensive than one for an Outerlimits...I think many have confused the price of a total Apache restoration with what it takes to keep an already clean Apache staying clean.....my.02.

I did purchase my boat from Shogren....class operation and I would never hesitate to buy from them again. They will attest to how clean Kageman is....although I think its in even better shape now !

Last edited by WesSmith; 10-31-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WesSmith
It's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be....my 41 has been towed for years by a dually with no problems. Like any boat, if you spend your money wisely on preventative maintenance, it will pay off big time in the end.

Many of those " big " items mentioned, you'd need for a 42 Outerlimits or 42 Tiger as well IMHO.
lets put that truck rap to sleep.............before and after.....
Attached Thumbnails Tired of crap-aches!!-14.jpg   Tired of crap-aches!!-28.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tired of crap-aches!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.