Tired of crap-aches!!

Notices

Tired of crap-aches!!

Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
you talk about repair.....try maintainance.....keeps the repairs to a minimum.......you did say CANOE.........m.m.......

Hey Mark....how do I get one of those for my 41 ?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
We did get her for a bargin as far as we're concerned....well below her asking price but would have been worth every penny of her asking price! That's called being in the right place at the right time thankfully.

By the way.....like the avatar baywatch!

I feel the same about my 36'.

As far as my Avatar is concerned that is the only small picture I had of my Resin Bucket but she definately has a nice classic headress!! You guys are lucky to have the "Chief" if I wouldn't have gotten mine last fall I would have been all over that baby. But I woudn't have gotten to put 80 hours on mine this summer so I suppose it all works itself out.

As far as the thread is concerned I think Kageman is your ticket, other wise just keep on watching and one will pop up eventually it just takes longer because they didn't make that many of them.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maui9
. I simply implied, it was not for me.
I Understand you completely.
Looking at the nice and big pics had me going for a while but the padded everywhere plain white cabin got me thinking it had to be a mental doctor..or a patient who have had the boat
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
But.........you've seemed to of coined the term crap'aches....... Why?

I'm currently in the process of closing on a 28 apache and it comes across as very offensive.
If the guy is Apache shopping, he probably doesn't regard them universally as $hitty boats. I've called mine way worse. In fact, every one I've ever owned started out as a POS. 8 or 10 years ago, the majority of them were 100% original annd most were really showing their age. You could pick from a long list of fixer-uppers. These days, most have been redone. Of those, the majority have been done fairly nicely.

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I'm sure if I posted something to the same tune about fountains the thread would probobly get deleted.
If you want me to try... "Fountains blow."
Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

My husband must of hit a nerve. He bought that almost new fountain when he was 17. It was repaired though out the years. When matt and i got married 10 years ago we sent the boat back to fountain and had a dated interior changed to white. So when he says been there done that. we have. Now two kids later i want a better boat with a better ride. Not to much to ask for. Our current boat is great but not good for two kids.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

My husband must of hit a nerve. He bought that almost new fountain when he was 17. It was repaired though out the years. When matt and i got married 10 years ago we sent the boat back to fountain and had a dated interior changed to white. So when he says been there done that. we have. Now two kids later i want a better boat with a better ride. Not to much to ask for. Our current boat is great but not good for two kids.

There's plenty of room on the 41 for two kids....
Old 10-31-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's one of the beauties of the 41. If you want to stuff it full of bolsters & big motors, there's plenty of room. If you wanted to put A/C and a genset in the boat, there's plenty of room for that too.. Lots of room underneath too. The best part about having an Apache with small kids is that they won't get bounced around (or tossed out) if you get some unexpected waves- or a big wake sneaks up on you. I got bounced all over in the Topgun. That all went away with my first 41. I also picked up a third more comfortable boating days. With a 4 month season on the Great Lakes, that means alot.

(at least that's what I told my wife )
Old 10-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WesSmith
Hey Mark....how do I get one of those for my 41 ?
ocean beach fire island........we saw it there...
Old 10-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

All things considered, I suppose I'd prefer a 41, although 45's and 47's are OK too.

My banker suggests I try to stay under $150, but for thr right boat, we can beat a few more pennies out of him.
what bank fianances a 20 year old boat..........
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by el indio
what bank fianances a 20 year old boat..........
Same kinds that finance 20 year old airplanes

Quick Reply: Tired of crap-aches!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.