High Pressure Fuel Lines

Notices

High Pressure Fuel Lines

Old 07-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Pressure Fuel Lines

Finally got the engine and parts back. Got the engine set in the boat this weekend.

I gutted the old fuel system and now have a earomotive and regulator to feed the engine and the Whipple. This of course was dynoed with the new engine and has already been set.

I have to mount and re-plumb these items in the engine bay. I'm going to mount the new pump on a stringer and mount the regulator on the front of the engine. Now I have "T" in lines for the injectors for the engine and and for the extra injectors on the Whipple. I also have to tie in a re-turn line back to the outlet side of the pump from the regulator.

Anyone got any pointers on this ??

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 07-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: High Pressure Fuel Lines

typically the return line goes tthru a cooler before dumping back into the inlet side of that pump. you can mount the reg. near the injector rail as to help pressure flucuation, but that pump is pretty good at maintaining it's setting. also check for a good location for your boost reference if using the aeromotive reg. as well.

hope this was a help, good luck
Old 07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the input. I will most like use the fuel cooler from the old Whipple setup for it then.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most importantly you should abandon the return back to the pump and return it to the tank if in any way possible. the pump will tend to cavitate, and vaporlock when hot if returned back to the pump. especially when idling for long periods. this may not show up for awhile untill the pump is already starting to fall apart on the inside and you are wondering why it didn't last as long as you thought it should.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Send it back to the tank !!!

http://www.hardin-marine.com/product...uel-return.htm

Cp Performance (advertiser here)sells them too of course.
www.cpperformance.com
Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMG
most importantly you should abandon the return back to the pump and return it to the tank if in any way possible. the pump will tend to cavitate, and vaporlock when hot if returned back to the pump. especially when idling for long periods. this may not show up for awhile untill the pump is already starting to fall apart on the inside and you are wondering why it didn't last as long as you thought it should.
i agree with this method , as this is how i set up most of my fuel systems. how ever there is a specific reason, of which i forget rite now , why aeromotive and whipple suggest to install. and i believe this gent. has a whipple kit.

otherwise i would suggest using a return style regulator, like a weldon, and indeed go back to the tank.
Attached Thumbnails High Pressure Fuel Lines-e7.jpg